Hengst Oil Filter Video

Thanks for posting.
It was cool to see the machines but the narrator talks wayyyyyy too much with saying close to nothing.
Yeah, I get that. I have a feeling he wanted to 'explain' the equipment and was given a brief run down of what it was and then he tried to regurgitate it back up leading to a lot of rambling.

Honestly surprised they let that guy in there with a camera...we have too many people that would flip out about having someone film the inside of any of our facilities.

Why? There is a "How it is made" on Fram as well. What is so secret that you couldn't let someone who was attended walk through and film a little? Obviously you don't let someone into the skunkworks, but stamping out production filters for a regular passenger car or truck.

Little transparency might go a long way in positive press.

As for the Hengst video - it was interesting and the narrator was "nerding out" a bit much.

Why? There is a "How it is made" on Fram as well. What is so secret that you couldn't let someone who was attended walk through and film a little? Obviously you don't let someone into the skunkworks, but stamping out production filters for a regular passenger car or truck.

Little transparency might go a long way in positive press.

As for the Hengst video - it was interesting and the narrator was "nerding out" a bit much.
I don't disagree with you at all, but folks in manufacturing can be pretty touchy about stuff like that. Guessing some of that has more to do with Cummins and less with our management. Looking forward to the potential of being more open when Fleetguard separates from Cummins later in 2022. Wish I could show everyone here how we manufacture our melt-blown media...that's cool stuff.

Thats what i say often: We are still able to produce high quality parts in germany, to a competetive price, no need to outsourcing.
It´s just the greedy managment and the pressure of "Shareholder value" that causes this misery of outsourcing.
Agreed
Today's Germany is the China king...
No excuse but profit and greed.

Thats what i say often: We are still able to produce high quality parts in germany, to a competetive price, no need to outsourcing.
It´s just the greedy managment and the pressure of "Shareholder value" that causes this misery of outsourcing.
It’s not always just about greedy management and pressure from shareholders either.

Hengst makes some filters in the USA too. The Hengst oil filter for GM 2.0, 2.2, 2.4 Ecotec engines are built in the USA. Logistically it makes sense, for roughly 17 years GM built millions of vehicles for the North American market equipped with those engines. Makes no sense to build the filter in Germany and ship them to the US when there is such a demand in the US for the filter.

Honestly surprised they let that guy in there with a camera...we have too many people that would flip out about having someone film the inside of any of our facilities.
Not sure why it’s surprising, there is a disclaimer at the beginning of the video saying the video includes paid promotions. So Hengst is using it as advertising.

Excellent publicity. As long as no proprietary technology is revealed then this is a great way of showcasing a product and its quality. Check out all of the videos on US submarines and an interesting one where Corning makes its Gorilla Glass. The showed the entire factory except for the secret process where the glass is poured out as a ribbon mid air and processed into panes.

He was being watched. There was a guy looking around a corner at him. The tech made it clear he wasn’t telling him secrets. They allowed him to see what they wanted to make a good ad for them.
Where I worked sometimes people were scheduled to visit just to view. I always made sure what they were looking at was not how I did it, even was the wrong way. Key steps left out. Now if someone was authorized to learn, usually they have paid $$$ to do so, that was different.

Back