Help with pesky oil leak

Engine is 2008 4.8 vortec in a Silverado. I had it apart last year to do some engine work, so new pan gasket, pan bolts properly torqued in the correct sequence. Since then oil has been accumulating on the pan bolts and dripping. I’ve spent a lot of time under there searching for a leak but have found nothing. I don’t see how it could be leaking from the bolts as there is an o-ring around each bolt in the gasket. Also it leaks when just sitting in the garage. I did have the pan blasted just to get the oxidation off but there was no indication of warping and no leaks from the gasket anywhere. Anyone have any thoughts?? I appreciate it!
43DC1B63-23D8-4B05-A76A-88701D1A3541.jpeg

Attachments

• 87171477-85BD-42E9-A728-AF1703A78D75.jpeg
    87171477-85BD-42E9-A728-AF1703A78D75.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 26
  • AC6C0C9E-103C-45E2-9F5C-5189B3496F5F.jpeg
    AC6C0C9E-103C-45E2-9F5C-5189B3496F5F.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 26
You are positive it’s not coming from higher up?
I mean I’m not positive but I can’t find any other evidence of oil above the pan and really it only shows on the pan bolts and oil filter and a little on the back of the pan. I can pull the flex plate since the trans is out but I can’t see it migrating from the rear main to the bolts especially just sitting there. Like I pulled the trans out, cleaned off all the oil and a week later it’s back just sitting on jack stands

Check to see if the PCV system is working properly, and also check higher up on the engine. Where is the oil pressure sensor located on that engine? I would check that too.

Check to see if the PCV system is working properly, and also check higher up on the engine. Where is the oil pressure sensor located on that engine? I would check that too.
I’m glad you brought up the pcv system as I overlooked that as a possible cause. At the same time I put the engine back in I switched to a Mighty Mouse catch can system. Gonna investigate this further on Friday and the oil pressure sensor is in the back of the valley plate

I’m glad you brought up the pcv system as I overlooked that as a possible cause. At the same time I put the engine back in I switched to a Mighty Mouse catch can system. Gonna investigate this further on Friday and the oil pressure sensor is in the back of the valley plate
Excellent. Please let us all know what you find. Please take some photos inside your catch can if you can, as that could also indicate a problem with crankcase pressures.

So I pulled the rear pan to cover bolts and the two rear most pan bolts and the threads are soaked with oil and I can see this is the source of the leak, well I’m pretty **** sure. Idk how it’s leaking or why but I put a little RTV on the threads just to see what happens. Thanks for all the help!

So I pulled the rear pan to cover bolts and the two rear most pan bolts and the threads are soaked with oil and I can see this is the source of the leak, well I’m pretty **** sure. Idk how it’s leaking or why but I put a little RTV on the threads just to see what happens. Thanks for all the help!
I just came across this. Did the RTV stock the leak? We haven’t heard from you in a year.

Back