Help with my business cards.

In the middle the company name

on the left margin the services you do

and on the lower right phone numbers etc

Do you want a template on what I suggest?

Make sure your business name describes what you do! There's plenty of online business card printers that will help with design.

As you design your name and card, consider the future of a web presence when it takes off. I could imagine a web order business from across the country.

Apple AC Hoses. There was a theory that you wanted to be first in line alphabetically, not sure if that still applies today. Also if you call it say Chris Smith's AC Hoses it's harder to sell when you want to retire and you can't sell the goodwill of the name recognition. Don't do a black card you can't stuff write on.

Do you really want strangers to name YOUR business? When we went into business BITD we had to have it searched by a lawyer to make sure it wasn't taken. How does that work today?

"OEM to custom."
"x years of experience."
"Made right the first time."

Apple AC Service (not limited to hoses)
Hose Man
Get Hosed by Chris :unsure:

I wanted COME HERE-SPEND MONEY but wife wouldn't go for it.

Glad you're taking the plunge. (y)

Great idea,, Chris. Apple Valley custom hoses ? Whatever, I wish you all the best. It has taken me 4 different careers to stay put in my house forty yrs. (y)

We have decided to take my little AC hose business to the next level.

Need ideas for a name and how to design business cards. I can repair/ make OE stuff or custom hoses for hot rods,weird engine swaps etc.

Any ideas?

I think you need to mention automotive ac hoses.

Apple AC Hoses
Custom fabrication is our speciality
Don't be a fool - we keep you cool

I thought the Apple suggestion was great, but I could see Apple Computer sending a cease and desist. If you put Valley in there you'd probably be okay.

I thought the Apple suggestion was great, but I could see Apple Computer sending a cease and desist. If you put Valley in there you'd probably be okay.

A couple of guys started a business called Apple Tractor near my hometown back east around 1990 and it's still in business today. Apple is Apple, Inc., not sure they could block any use of Apple in a name.

In the middle the company name

on the left margin the services you do

and on the lower right phone numbers etc

Do you want a template on what I suggest?
Uh, Luxury HVAC 408-123-1234?

Sometimes the name is a way to show how you think of the business and how you want to run it. I would think of what you want to represent to your customers and attract the people you want to do business with (you cannot get them all, you cannot satisfy them all, pick who you like to work with the best and focus on them).

Do you want to do low hanging fruit jobs for a good price? Discount would be a good name.

Do you want to do the best quality job and charge a premium for it, and not do those jobs that anyone can do? Precision or Reliable may sound good.

Do you want to focus on the customer service and do an average job? words like care, safe, community, would do.

Find the direction you want to go and pick a name that matches that direction.

Last edited:
Apple AC Hoses. There was a theory that you wanted to be first in line alphabetically, not sure if that still applies today. Also if you call it say Chris Smith's AC Hoses it's harder to sell when you want to retire and you can't sell the goodwill of the name recognition. Don't do a black card you can't stuff write on.

Do you really want strangers to name YOUR business? When we went into business BITD we had to have it searched by a lawyer to make sure it wasn't taken. How does that work today?

"OEM to custom."
"x years of experience."
"Made right the first time."

Apple AC Service (not limited to hoses)
Hose Man
Get Hosed by Chris :unsure:

I wanted COME HERE-SPEND MONEY but wife wouldn't go for it.

Glad you're taking the plunge. (y)
So that's why the most popular cam girl stage name is Alice.

we had to have it searched by a lawyer to make sure it wasn't taken. How does that work today?
It will vary by state, but in Ohio, the secretary of state maintains an online database of business names. A simple search there and you will see your options. You can use the same name as another company as long as the business type is different, i.e. "Apple Pest Control" vs "Apple HVAC".

Back