Help me understand what was done to the paint on this Porche Macan

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Came across this Macan by mistake at the salvage auction lot. The paint had a weird, course finish. When I researched the background on the Macan I discovered the Macan left the factory with a shiny finish and shiny rims. The photo is the same Macan being sold in Buffalo, NY. What might the prior owner have done to this Macan and is it reversable without a complete paint job?
resizer (1).jpg
9edec18d46050923_85f3c38ef267c1.jpg

Last edited:
Probably was owned by someone in the local car scene(s) and either PlastiDip or wrapped it.

Looks like the wheels were Plastidipped. Which may mean the body was dipped also. Any damage to the vehicle? I wonder if the dip is the reason it's in there.
SS,

This is the damage to the vehicle. Not so bad, but matching up the paint/ wrap/ plastidip might be a unknown challenge.

resizer (4).jpg
resizer (3).jpg
resizer (2).jpg

Did it live around Buffalo? I live 20 min. south of Buffalo. If it did, I can poke around and see if I know anyone who owned it.

Matte is a very common look and I agree it loos like primer. Mo money than taste as they say.
Common enough it is. I think it looks like a well executed finish application........way better than primer.
I assume there's some paint protection afforded by this; leading me to conclude it's a leased vehicle.

There are too many subjective and unknown elements to make a 'money vs taste' judgement.

I love matte finish. I have several custom ($$$) guitars in matte finish. I would absolutely get it on a vehicle if the maintenance wasn't a nightmare.
Matte finish or matte black? Some matte colors look okay on a car. Matt black just turns a car into nondescript blob on wheels. ;)

Reactions: Fla
It looks like the message board they were posted on was shut down, so I can't find the pics of them all. Here are two, and I also have one each of black, purple and blue, all matte.

P1210008_zps08369e68.jpg

054.jpg

Edit - Found the purple one

90c3R0w.jpg

Back