Help about motorcycle

Ok, yes this does sound like a possibly clogged cat. Did you try riding it without the tailpipe?

I didn't ran without the tailpipe because of two reasons:

Afraid of burning a valve;
And
Afraid of the cops not liking it very much

Props to the man who welded my exhaust back!

IMG_20220708_135637.jpg

Was there any evidence of clogging inside the exhaust system when it was cut apart?

Was there any evidence of clogging inside the exhaust system when it was cut apart?
The entrance of the exhaust was very sooty... Even the exhaust part of the engine head was severely covered in soot.

I couldnt find the soot on the catalytic converter because I cut near the end of it, but it seemed cleaner than the rest of the exhaust.

I will test the motorcycle tonight so I can post proper feedback!

Thank you, for all the help you have been giving me, from the bottom of my heart!

And it did improve something, only by a small margin.

But the problem persists.

Out of ideas, beside trading the bike...

And it did improve something, only by a small margin.

But the problem persists.

Out of ideas, beside trading the bike...
Looking back through this thread, I don't see any mention of the compression being tested. Maybe it's got low compression, and therefore seems weak when put under higher loads.

Looking back through this thread, I don't see any mention of the compression being tested. Maybe it's got low compression, and therefore seems weak when put under higher loads.
Indeed!

I didn't tested for compression because I assume it's perfect.
The bike doesn't use any oil whatsoever. No smoke, nothing.
Besides de carbon fouling on the plugs, they have no oil residues.

As of today I'm inclined to buy a whole new throttle assembly.

Yesterday, when I got back home from the test run I decided to disassemble everything in the throttle body.
As I removed it completely from the motorcycle, I found the intake plenum wet... Very wet.
I'm not 100% sure if it was gas, but I give it 90% of certainty, as my motorcycle only uses 2 fluids: gasoline and engine oil.

I am driving the motorcycle today and will see if that area gets wet again, so I can confirm if it is gas.
If it is, then, the injector is certainly the culprit of this madness.

There is no fuel regulator to suspect, as it has none. (Single fuel line to the injector)

Cam timing?

I don't know about that, mainly because this issue started suddenly from one day to the other.

What octane fuel are you using? Can you try a tank of higher octane? Under load, if the octane is too low for the cylinder temps, it can begin igniting too soon. You’ll usually feel it like something is just “off,” and you won’t know why. This can happen if the valves are getting too hot from being too tight.

i had a hinda cb440 that did this. I had to double the gap on some of those old valves to keep them cool enough. sorry I didn’t think of this before, check your valve lash.

Valve lash is ok.

Higher octane/lower octane is fine.

Compression is fine.

To make matters worse, spark plug threads stripped...

Had to delay the testing.

Time sert saved my baby butt!
IMG_20220722_235847.jpg

How is the fuel enrichment for cold starting handled on this thing? Is it manual or automatic? In either case that’s where I would look.

If the enricher is automatic then it is probably tied to a temp sensor, a faulty one can cause a rich running condition. If it’s manual, then there must be a way to adjust it.

The idle changing when spraying brake cleaner is another concern and indicates a leak 100%, although it should not cause a rich running condition, but maybe it affects the idle circuit or something, but it needs to be addressed. Otherwise you will be chasing your tail.

You can also start disconnecting things to see how the affect the engine running. Like the MAP sensor or the o2 sensor, just because you changed them doesn’t mean the are not the problem. Firing a parts cannon is never a solution because it leads you to dismiss all the items you replaced because they are brand new.

Last edited:
interesting issue + waiting for the fix, as many times other peoples problems with a solution can teach me + thats why i read + learn on many forums

Ok, just came from a trip that served as a testing.

Fitted a new injector and the problem seems to be fixed! At least i feel the engine climbing the revs as before.

As to the oil level rising, only time and mileage will tell.

How is the fuel enrichment for cold starting handled on this thing? Is it manual or automatic? In either case that’s where I would look.

If the enricher is automatic then it is probably tied to a temp sensor, a faulty one can cause a rich running condition. If it’s manual, then there must be a way to adjust it.

The idle changing when spraying brake cleaner is another concern and indicates a leak 100%, although it should not cause a rich running condition, but maybe it affects the idle circuit or something, but it needs to be addressed. Otherwise you will be chasing your tail.

You can also start disconnecting things to see how the affect the engine running. Like the MAP sensor or the o2 sensor, just because you changed them doesn’t mean the are not the problem. Firing a parts cannon is never a solution because it leads you to dismiss all the items you replaced because they are brand new.
Everything is automatic, handled by sensors.

The idle changing is weird af.
If I spray brake cleaner at the throttle body in the engine direction, nothing happens. If I spray it the other way (towards the end of the bike), it sputters and eventually stalls.
My guess for this is that the chemicals in the spray get into the intake when sprayed towards the end of the bike.

Sounds like the injector was leaking all the time while the engine was running. That could definately cause fuel dilution in the oil, and could raise the oil level due to all the excess fuel.

Just about every one of the first 5 responses on page 1 was calling out the fuel injector.
Glad you eventually tried a different injector.
Problem is:
The injector is only available with the ENTIRE throttle body. So it's, expensive af.
The throttle sensor alone is 80$. :(

And the problem persists...

The level takes more time to rise.
It's better, but the problema is still there :(

Tried a fuel pump + controller replacement and it's the same.

Any advice?

Back