Hein-Werner Floor Jacks

Greetings, everyone: I am in the market for a two or three-ton floor jack. I am looking for a jack that will last me a long time (10+ years) and is easily rebuildable. I have been looking at the Hein-Werner jacks. I have heard from a few people that they are Made in USA and have a reputation of being very long-lasting jacks. What do y’all think? http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/p-1581-hein-werner-w93642.aspx What other brands should I be looking at? Thanks!

Stay away from Lincoln jacks whom also makes Snap On's floor jacks,Leak and leave big spots on the floor.It will contnue and continue to do leaking all the time.

JHZR2

Staff member
I have the 2-ton. Far heavier and solid than other 2-ton jacks, but less convenient as a result. Mine is made in the USA, though Ive heard that the company is actually Chinese-owned.

I also have a Lincoln 2 1/2 ton and it leaks. Took it apart and tightened the pump cup seal nut but it's back to leaking after maybe 20 uses. If you can find an older Hein-Warner get it and rebuild it. It's easy and the older one last and last. Don't be scared off by the 1 1/2 ton rating as the older jacks were under-rated.

My leaky Lincoln is a newer Chinese one. Well not that new, probably 10 years old or so, but it started leaking after about 2 years. And I don't use it much, just at home. Regardless, it was too expensive to leak in nearly any time frame. I've used cheap Chinese jacks at the shop for years without a problem. Imagine my disgust at seeing the Lincoln leak! I was/am [censored].

Have a Snap On transmission jack which is made by Lincoln at work and it never gets used anymore,leaks and always have to add fluid

You can check out the Craftsman floor jacks which looks like its well built. I'm not sure if its made in USA though. I prefer floor jacks that you lower by turning the handle so you don't have to take the stick out to turn the valve.

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased a ARCAN XL35 3.5 ton it was $139 at Costco, its heavy 90lbs and well built. It came with replaceble seals, do a search many good reviews. Hein Werner is an excellent jack but pricey.

Originally Posted By: Dan55
I purchased a ARCAN XL35 3.5 ton it was $139 at Costco, its heavy 90lbs and well built. It came with replaceble seals, do a search many good reviews. Hein Werner is an excellent jack but pricey.
I saw that one at Costco. I can't remember where though. I was in San Diego for a 2.5 yrs, Salem, Oregon for a year and back where I started in Everett, WA. I think it was in San Diego, but can't remember. I don't see it on the Costco website, I will see what they have at the local Costco. I liked the look of that jack. I see they carry it at Northern Tool for $ 150 plus shipping. Little pricey for me by the time Northern adds shipping fees.

I have a Craftsman two speed floor jack. The fast speed no longer works and the slow speed doesn't work well either. I am back to the old single speed Sears that works great. Someone tell me a jack a hand tool so I can warranty it.

The Critic

Just bought the Hein-Werner 2 Ton model for $293 shipped. I'll post a full review once I receive it.