Heavy 5w30 Oil

I would like to know what brand make the heaviest 5w30 weight motor oil. Mobil 1, Castrol, Pennzoil In what varieties Synthetic, High mileage or fully synthetic? Thanks

You need to look at the HT/HS not the “weight”. An oil with a relevant European approval is your best bet since the approval will dictate a minimum HT/HS. Grade is irrelevant here as is the winter rating unless you’re starting at very low temperatures.

Is this question related to all your other ones regarding consumption and high miles?

Terminology that is accepted as and commonly used is just fine.
Heaviest, thickest, ... is just fine.

You'll want a 5w30 with an HTHS >=3.5. That'll get you the gnarliest 5w-30. Start with the Euro or Diesel specs, since some require >3.5 HTHS. This means you'll want the Mobil1/Castrol/Pennzoil euro oils, and avoid anything API SP/GF6.

Flip a coin.

Terminology that is accepted as and commonly used is just fine.
Heaviest, thickest, ... is just fine.

You'll want a 5w30 with an HTHS >=3.5. That'll get you the gnarliest 5w-30. Start with the Euro or Diesel specs, since some require >3.5 HTHS. This means you'll want the Mobil1/Castrol/Pennzoil euro oils, and avoid anything API SP/GF6.

Flip a coin.
Also accepted and commonly used words such as “gnarliest”?

The heaviest 30 is a euro 40. But if you feel inclined to stick to a 30 grade for some reason then Pennzoil platinum euro L 5w-30 is the thickest at 12.5cst. Get it at Walmart for a decent price.

You need to look at the HT/HS not the “weight”. An oil with a relevant European approval is your best bet since the approval will dictate a minimum HT/HS. Grade is irrelevant here as is the winter rating unless you’re starting at very low temperatures.

Is this question related to all your other ones regarding consumption and high miles?
I have a few vehicles with high mileage, Just wanted to learn more about oil viscosities, Do Walmart or my local auto parts store carry European oils.

Back