Hearing protection at the range

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Howard Leight electronic ones are acceptable. For the price, they are excellent. I agree that they are not the most comfortable and could use more padding. But in their price range they are hard to beat.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
In my experience, Peltor is the best hands down. You really get what you pay for and I have a set which are pushing 13 years old now and all I have had to do is change batteries and the gel cups/mic covers. When these finally go, I will definitely buy another pair of them.

You are spot on. Peltor has come a LONG way over the last 20+ years. I'm still using my first generation Pro Ears from 20+ years ago mainly, well, because they're still working. The newer Peltors have much better electronics, take much cheaper batteries that you can actually find at Walmart, and are more efficient at noise reduction while still being able to hear range communication.

Pro Ears is still using the same technology they had in the 1990s. When the Pro Ears models die, then it's Peltors to the replacement . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back