Headliner repair/replace.

I noticed the headliner is beginning to fall and come loose around the rear passenger side quarter panel window on my Accord the other night. Here's a few questions I have:

Should I do a diy repair, and if so, what do you use to "glue" the fallen part back? It's about a foot long along the passenger's side rear quarter window.

I made a hail claim last week, and they said the headliner has to be dropped for them to repair the dings on the roof. Will the headliner get replaced or will the falling one get reinstalled?

Who/what type of shops repair and or replace auto headliners?

Thanks in advance!!

They will reinstall the current headliner as is. Since it is being dropped to repair the hail damage, I would go ahead and explore purchasing a new one and requesting that they install the new piece whenever they button everything back up.

aunts 99 jeep cherokee scheduled for new headliner next month , being older + no garage the thin material just tears when she pins it up, so prolly the deciding factor is the condition of the material + if your keeping it for a few more years, her estimate was $450 from a small town upholstery shop with a good reputation for nice work + fair prices.

Headliner replacement isn't particularly hard, just time consuming. Have to remove a lot of panels to get it down properly.

Back