havoline motor oil (old formula)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just scored a a few qts. for $1.55. From what I understand, this is the old forumla so they are clearing it out (AAP). This is the one prior to the deposit shield I believe. Is this a good oil in a 5w-30 weight?

BTW, I will be using this for my auto-rx treatment but was still curious if it is good oil, perhaps even better than Castrol GTX?

Also, will this do for the cleaning and rinse phase of ARX?

The old formula Havoline is an excellent conventional motor oil. You may find others that say different, but it is definitely on par with Castrol GTX.

I didn't know they (AAP) still have them (Havoline 5W30 old formula), I thought I cleaned them out couple months ago. I bought 7 cases of them for the same price.

The Alco here in town is still carrying the old formula. The price has not come down either. I don't know if they have a lot of stock left in the warehouse. I had kind of been watching to see if there would be any sales.

Theirs TONS of old label havoline, 5w 30 at my local autozone! saw it 2 weeks ago, they stocked the new shield deposit one, in fornt of the old ones.... next chance i get, ima gunna buy as many old label ones as i can... $2.79 a quart though..

Quote:

Theirs TONS of old label havoline, 5w 30 at my local autozone! saw it 2 weeks ago, they stocked the new shield deposit one, in fornt of the old ones.... next chance i get, ima gunna buy as many old label ones as i can... $2.79 a quart though..

Might as well get a synthetic blend for that price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back