Not open for further replies.
^^ Image difficulty

1_zpsgt5tkkcu.jpg

2_zpsoxqgk4lb.jpg

3_zpsogywehs7.jpg

4. *question about
4_zpsv9sgp1xd.jpg

5_zpszl7hoedd.jpg

I'm kind of confused about the locking nut question.. it has the place for a socket built on the end of it. Typically it will be the same size as the rest of the lug nuts, but you're working with afermarket stuf so you never know.

Looks like the wrong lug nuts!

Take the cheap harbor freight to the bench grinder and start thinning that thing out enough to fit.

It's not that difficult. I have dealt with the same wheel before. All you need is a spark plug socket, which are as thin walled as you can get.

Originally Posted By: Traction
It's not that difficult. I have dealt with the same wheel before. All you need is a spark plug socket, which are as thin walled as you can get.

Probably need to mention, remove the rubber sleeve out of the spark plug socket!

I dont understand why this is such a issue. Just go to your local autozone. Go to the lugnut section and they sell special thin wall deep sockets to remove lugnuts from custom wheels and they even sell special sockets to remove that weird lock without the key. I'll try to look up images to help you. I used to work at an auto shop and that is where our techs would buy there thin wall wheel sockets.

Originally Posted By: Traction

Originally Posted By: porksoda
I dont understand why this is such a issue. Just go to your local autozone. Go to the lugnut section and they sell special thin wall deep sockets to remove lugnuts from custom wheels and they even sell special sockets to remove that weird lock without the key. I'll try to look up images to help you. I used to work at an auto shop and that is where our techs would buy there thin wall wheel sockets.

You both are correct. I maintained my tenacity, and I was able to solve the issue.

TL;DR: A TRUE 13/16" Thin Wall Deep Impact Socket (from DeWalt, not Sunex or whoever) got in there perfect.. and the lock nut is 3/4", whereas the lugs are 13/16".

Problem solved.

Good glad you got the correct socket. Just be extra careful removong that lug lock. Try not to use a impact gun. An impact gun can damage that lug lock key you have. When you remove that lock throw them away. They are more problems then good. In the tire shop I used to work at people would always break or loose that key. Then you have a huge problem on your hands to remove that lock. If you want locks I would recommend looking into spline drive lug nut locks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back