Have you ever regularly used public transportation?

Bus to Logan airport and swiped my credit card at gate to pick whatever $99 airplane shuttle was going to Chase Manhattan bank. That all ended when I was sick Sept 11 . Chase manhattan building face trade towers were used to eat lunch. After that worked remotely temporarily then turned permanent.

Yes. From where I live in central Jersey it’s the way to go into Manhattan. Trouble free if you can travel around rush hour. Car toll thru Lincoln Tunnel $17. Parking at Port Authority Bus Terminal $24 for eight hours. Senior fare is less than $10 bucks. You don’t wanna drive yourself if you can help it.
Yea Shel. I was the guy driving the bus for 20 years.One day I caught myself saying to myself ‘ You couldn’t pay me enough to do this every day.’ And then I realized, they did. Oh well☹️

No. Where I have lived there never was public transportation offered other than school buses. When we went to London, absolutely. Saw Troy Aikman in Waterloo Station.

I've been using it to go to work since the train lets off in the basement of my building near downtown, but I'm getting kind of tired of all the filthy crackheads and my clothes smelling like smoke and b.o. D.A.R.T. thinks they're somehow being upscale by putting fabric on the seats, but they're disgusting. But it sure is nice cruising by all the rush hour traffic on the way home.

I used the bus until my 16th birthday, got my D/L and have probably used public transit 20 times since then.
Mostly to sporting events where drinking was involved.

I use the DC Metro and Metrobus and the regional bus and train service when I'm picking up a car I bought at auction and whenever I'm coming back from delivering one I've sold. Not something I'd want to do daily when it can be freezing cold, broiling hot, insanely humid or pouring rain.

I'll take the commuter Metra trail to work if I'm getting off after noon. It's a longer trip but I get to sleep on the train and not deal with traffic around rush hour.

Yes frequently, jeepneys in the Philippines. Shared the ride with local produce, chickens, ladies of the night and once a python in a burlap bag rubbing my leg under the seat.

jeepney.jpg

I used to ride the commuter bus service that the county runs from Stockton to San Jose and a few points in between. Rode this bus for around 8 years. A monthy rider pass was around $130.

I occasionally ride BART to the Oakland Coliseum and Cal-Train to Oracle Park.

Tracy purchased some brand new, Gillig buses around 4 years ago. They're typically always empty. However, I occasionally see students catching them around the schools in the afternoon.

During my adult life, I've been fortunate to only use transit when it has been more convenient than driving. As others have mentioned, sporting events, concerts, and festivals are a great example. Light rail and express buses are a thing of beauty when they're set up to succeed.

I prefer to use public transit.
Buses arrive once every 4 minutes during peak times.
When traffic is heavy, beats riding the clutch and constantly shifting.
🤬
As a result, my insurance is discounted and I only fill my tank once every two months.

I’ve never used public transportation, except last summer while I was in NYC. I rode the subway a lot, used the ferry to get to Staten Island where my hotel was, and the bus to get to my hotel. It was a 35 minute bus ride for free since I already had a Metro card for the subways, or a 20 minute Uber for $30 each for 4 days. Was a no-brainer to take the bus. NYC public transportation was awesome.

I haven’t been on a bus since I got my drivers license. The last time I took a train and the only time I’ve been on Boston’s subway was to meet a college kid selling his overheating 1995 Saturn SL1. Just needed a thermostat and temp sensor and it was a good winter beater, then I traded it in for a used 2002 SL2. That was nearly 20 years ago. I wouldn’t risk my life taking public transportation these days. Too many crazy people out there now. I’d call a cab or Uber if I couldn’t drive.

Back