Have 3 firefox "?"s

Status
Not open for further replies.
would be thankful if somebody can tell me:

1) How do I find out which version of Firefox I currently have installed? (I've forgotten the version I have..it "might" be 1.0.5)

2) what's the latest version? 1.0.7?
is it really better than the previous ones?
if yes, why?
..and what's firefox beta? does it exist?
how do I get it?

3) If I download a new version, will the bookmarks from the old version import automatically?

4)EDIT: The newest is 1.5 released in a few hrs, according to a post at the FF forum...? does anybody know about that?

Thanks in advance.

[ November 28, 2005, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: 97tbird ]

1) Go to Help > About Firefox to grab the verison number

2) 1.07 is the lastest version. Any of the 1.0x versions, where "x" is the rev level, are mostly security fixes. Using the very latest version is HIGHLY recommended.

3) yes.

4) I've been using 1.5 beta all the way through. I like it alot. Subtle changes, but VERY useful. New security patches only require the patch to be downloaded, not the entire program...a nice touch!

Thank you, T&S
smile.gif

If you don't want to risk losing your bookmarks, open explorer, and navigate to the default user directory (unless you have multiple profiles setup, just repeat for each) and copy the bookmark file elsewhere. You'll know it when you see it.

Windows -> Application Data -> Mozilla -> Firefox -> Profiles -> Default User (name changes somewhat with version and how you set it up)

Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back