Has anyone upgraded to macOS 14.0 Sonoma?

When was it publicly released ? My work computer hasn't prompted me but I just manually checked and it's available.

When was it publicly released ? My work computer hasn't prompted me but I just manually checked and it's available.
Apple’s macOS Sonoma update is now available. The Mac’s big 2023 software update adds a new Game Mode for Apple Silicon devices, interactive desktop widgets, videoconferencing improvements and more.

To install macOS Sonoma, you’ll need a somewhat recent computer. It supports MacBook Air, MacBook Pro and Mac mini models from 2018 and newer, iMac and Mac Pro devices from 2019 and later, the Mac Studio from 2022 onward and the 2017 iMac Pro.

Once you’ve determined that your Mac is eligible, you can head to System Settings > General > Software Update to initiate the download and installation.

I just tried it on our MacBook Air we get as teachers at my school and it was gonna let me start downloading it. Idk if our tech guys are okay with that though so I didn't start it lol

Just curious if anyone has done the upgrade yet and if any ill effects or issues?

Upgraded last night, so far I see zero differences. It feels like a really light "upgrade", more like a maintenance release.

That said Im running the last of the intel macs, maybe the M2 guys get something out of it.

In contrast iOS 17 sped up my phone dramatically.

Updated to it today....nothing noticeable except the background imagine or theme or whatever it is.

I haven't even checked if my old Mac Pro will run it, I'm still on Monterey with OCLP.
Have you ever tried Open Core Patcher ? Just used it to install Sonoma on my old Macbook Air 2013 (6,2) and it's finished. Doing housekeeping and letting it settle before using it (our daughter uses that machine now).

Have you ever tried Open Core Patcher ? Just used it to install Sonoma on my old Macbook Air 2013 (6,2) and it's finished. Doing housekeeping and letting it settle before using it (our daughter uses that machine now).
That's what OCLP is, Open Core Legacy Patcher.

I'm running an old Mac Pro desktop (2010 5,1) that has some hardware that isn't supported natively anymore, which is why I'm still on Monterey. There has been some porting of older modules, but I haven't checked the status of support for this old girl on Sonoma yet.

That's what OCLP is, Open Core Legacy Patcher.
Yeah, I knew there was an extra letter but figured you'd know what I meant 😆

I spoke to soon about that old MBA '13 too. I'm not certain that OCLP supports Sonoma yet so I ended up trashing the OS on it.... Doing a recovery now and will see what OS I can actually put on it. The way OCLP tricks macOS is thorough enough that the macOS software update mechanism told me Sonoma was available and I went ahead with the update. That was a mistake....

Yeah, I knew there was an extra letter but figured you'd know what I meant 😆

I spoke to soon about that old MBA '13 too. I'm not certain that OCLP supports Sonoma yet so I ended up trashing the OS on it.... Doing a recovery now and will see what OS I can actually put on it. The way OCLP tricks macOS is thorough enough that the macOS software update mechanism told me Sonoma was available and I went ahead with the update. That was a mistake....
Yeah, they have a pretty good Wiki that tells you what works and what doesn't, though I haven't had a chance to look at it recently.

Back