Has anyone ever used Wurths Underbody coating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
My 2004 Buick is pretty good for rust for having snowy winters. I notice however that the wheel wells have not been seal well with undercoating - It is splashy. A lot of the wheel wells area doesn't have any underbody coating on it. There is a little rust starting at the top of some of the wheel wells too.

I would like to strip and repaint where there is rust and spray with black underbody coating.
I head Wurths High build underseal is good stuff. It comes in a aerosol can or in a bottle meant for use with a sprayer.

I am curious if anyone has had experience with the Aerosol version? I heard that it shoots pretty straight so not sure if it's good for covering a large area. Would like to hear peoples experiences.

Thanks

In some cases the undercoating can become loose and then trap water/salt/dirt.

Why not spray the rust areas with Fluid Film? Or one of the others, like Car Well.

The old style tar only based undercoating chips and can cause huge problems like the one you describe, the rubberized does not and holds up for many years.
The wax type products have a very short lifespan in wheel well areas because they are constantly bombarded with stones, water and sand, essentially they are being constantly "sand blasted".

Another great product for bare metal newly primed wheel wells is chip guard then put rubberized over it.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/UPO-731.html?sc=115&category=1931611#.VY8a17z7vk4

Ive seen underbody schutz that is rubberized that is meant to go under the paint.

Id not be keen on spraying a rubber/tar coating on a car that is a finished product. It leaves opportunity for gaps and pinholes, regardless of how tortuous.

Id be more OK with using a wax like Amsoil HDMP, Boeshield or waxoyl, but those can still hold water underneath and delaminate... So they are best served with a maintenance of oil over them if used...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back