? has anyone bought tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
from Discount Tire Direct. I am looking at buying some from them tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. They offer free shipping and have the best price I can find anywhere. They have the Michellin LTX M/S 2 Tires in standard load for 178 each size is 265/70/17. Also Michellin has a 70 dollar rebate until the end of the month.

I was going to purchase my michelin primacy tires from tirerack but went down the street to a local Big O tires store and they matched the price so I purchased them there and it was installed free with lifetime rotation....It paid to ask if they would match it and they did....

+1. at least 3 times now, after I compared the TOTAL COST (don't forget mounting costs) I got a better deal w/ a local guy. always give them a chance before assuming the mail order places have a lower price.

I received a better deal at DiscountTireDirect. They beat the lowest price I found elsewhere plus they tacked on an additional $70 rebate. I then filled out a $60 Friends of Michelin Rebate and my Michelin tires ended up being much lower than the price of cost my local dealer buys them for. After an additional $58 for mounting from Me. Tire, my Michelin Primacy MXV4 V-Rated 60k mile warranty tires came out to $330 mounted and balanced after taxes.

No one came even close to this price.

Last edited:
I bought a set of BFGoodrich during one of those $70 rebates. They arrived promptly and without issue. If not for the rebate thought they probably could have been bought locally for not much more $ though.

I bought a set of Goodyear ComforTreds from Discount Tire Direct.

Oddly enough, one of the tires had a blemished whitewall (it had black rubber molded into it... which was Goodyear's fault) and the other one had been badly scuffed (like it had been scooted or slid across a rough concrete floor with the whitewall side down... which I would assume was DTD's fault).

I was somewhat annoyed that the tires were blemished, but were shipped to me anyway.

However, one phone call to DTD and it was all taken care of. They issued me a pre-paid UPS shipping label via email, that I printed out and used to ship the tires back, and they shipped out two more tires the same day.

Before I made this purchase, I also had problems with a DTD Support rep that was unaware that this tire had a whitewall. Because of his bad advice, I did not purchase while DTD was offering $100 off of a set of four. A week later, I found out from Goodyear that all of the tires in this size and model were whitewalls, I went back to DTD and asked for them to honor the rebate after it had expired, due to the bad info that I'd received via email. They honored the rebate for me.

I'd likely buy from them again.

Just bought 4 Hankook Winter I-Pike W409s snow tires from Discount Tire Direct. The price was lower to begin with than any other place or reasonable tire I could find, and nobody had enough snows in stock that I was going to have to wait for them to come in anyways. So since the tires were $10 less a tire than I could find anywhere else + $50 coupon for buying 4 + free shipping + I was able to get them mounted and balanced for $7 a tire, I came out ahead shopping the internet this time. First time a local hasn't come through.

Tires came when advertised and were matched and in great shape.

I'd buy from them again!

Most locals around here say they can't match wholesalers such as DT as many of them order tires they don't have in stock from TireRack themselves.

Originally Posted By: Gator
from Discount Tire Direct. I am looking at buying some from them tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. They offer free shipping and have the best price I can find anywhere. They have the Michellin LTX M/S 2 Tires in standard load for 178 each size is 265/70/17. Also Michellin has a 70 dollar rebate until the end of the month.

Buy all my tires there. They are great!

This is where I've been buying my tires lately(discounttiredirect). 5 sets of 4 tires thus far and 1 set of wheels. I'm looking again for tires for my Firebird FORMULA and my daughters' Mazda3. I'm alway looking/pricing just to keep in check with the prices of tires and the web sites that I use. I have purchaced things from the TireRack, just not tires. I've helped others as well when buying tires and we've used TR or Treadepot. All are good.

I've only used them once but I was quite happy. I've also bought from one of their local stores and was happy with that also. Both time sit was a set of rims with tires mounted.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
Where do you guys install these online-purchased tires?
I just got my Sumitomo delivered from onlinetires.com, but did not decide on installer yet.

Wal-Mart.

Plus, Tire Rack has a list on installers on their site, who will mount carry in new tires.

Michelin corporate has offered $70 rebate in the past. The rebate on Michelin tires, good now till the end of the month is on DT/AT/DTD Mich purchases only.

DT/DTD does this quite regularly. I purchased my BFG's during a Mich/BFG $70 rebate this past summer at DT. They have had at least one, maybe two other $70 rebate promo since.

Filed the rebate online and check came from DT, not Mich. Another poster said he was informed next month DT/DTD will have a $70 rebate on BFG's.

As for DTD tire installs, Walmart is farly reasonable and you can get if you want, LT balance and rotation. I used a comparable Wally install price with a Treadepot(lowest at time) tire price to get Discount Tire to match on Gen HP's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back