Harley demand/price curve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we went from "Harley Demand/Price Curve" to rice burners and crotch rockets and a discussion of some of the old bikes we've owned and then a little tiff about which bikes are faster, and under what conditions. Oh, and some more "stuff"

All I know is that it's been snowing around these parts (off and on) for about three weeks.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I could use a good ride and I don't care what it is - just as long as it has two wheels.

yea. I should have just kept my .2 cents to myself.. I cant believe i let myself get into that trap..
18.gif

I agree. to much bad weather and I am so ready for spring were we all can enjoy whatever we ride...
grin2.gif

Peace out to everybody..

rick

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
Since the exhaust on Harley's face the rear of the bike. To hear it, it would have to be in front of you. That being said it sure sounds like you guys lost the imaginary race you thought you were having.,,

If you can't hear an HD with straight pipes running at 5K+ RPM even if you're not behind it, I'd say you're legally deaf. I could still hear those things over my 500 when they were 10 bikes lengths behind me....

Originally Posted By: grampi
Since the exhaust on Harley's face the rear of the bike. To hear it, it would have to be in front of you. That being said it sure sounds like you guys lost the imaginary race you thought you were having.,,

If you can't hear an HD with straight pipes running at 5K+ RPM even if you're not behind it, I'd say you're legally deaf. I could still hear those things over my 500 when they were 10 bikes lengths behind me....
Again I need to ask, were you the only one who thought you were racing?.,,

Again I need to ask, were you the only one who thought you were racing?.,,

Why would the guy be redlining his engine if he wasn't racing?

Originally Posted By: bigbird_1
[
Why would the guy be redlining his engine if he wasn't racing?

Because he can?

I guess it really didn't matter if he was racing me or not, he still would've ended up behind me.

Pretty pathetic when your main focus in motorcycling seems to be to run a little faster than the next guy thinking that will cure your inherent inadequacies. It's all about the RIDE, not the brand....nor the speed.

Originally Posted By: SWSportsman
Pretty pathetic when your main focus in motorcycling seems to be to run a little faster than the next guy thinking that will cure your inherent inadequacies. It's all about the RIDE, not the brand....nor the speed.

True, but back when I was in high school, it was all about the speed...

Was that last year?

Was that last year?

My thought exactly. He still does not get that many people don't by vehicles based on top speed, 1/4 or 0-60 times. Never been a criteria on anything I've ever purchased.

Originally Posted By: EagleFTE

Was that last year?

My thought exactly. He still does not get that many people don't by vehicles based on top speed, 1/4 or 0-60 times. Never been a criteria on anything I've ever purchased.

Of course I get it. If my main concerns were 1/4 mile and 0-60 times, I wouldn't have bought a cruiser....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back