Hard To Beat Meguiar's Ultimate Wax !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ChrisD46
Doesn't Megs Ultimate represent a more modern (improved) formulation than Collinite 845 ? ... Some people state that 845 will slightly stain certain types of exterior plastics molding , etc. found on newer vehicles where as Megs Ultimate does not .

My routine :

*Wash
*Clay
*Megs Ultimate Polish
*Megs Ultimate Wax

Do above 3X per year ; in between this routine I wash with Meg's Ultimate Wash every few weeks when possible , dry then apply Turtle Wax ICE spray wax on vehicle body and glass ...Seems to work well as a person can fit in with a busy lifestyle and isn't difficult for any of the steps either .

Not only have I never heard anyone say that Collinite stains trim, I always hear people say one of the reasons they like it so much is because it DOESN'T stain trim. I actually use it on my trim because it makes it look better...

Originally Posted by gofast182
I apply 845 with a DA and I don't get dust, either.
I've yet to use a Meg's wax that lasts as long as 845 but I'm going to try this at some point since it's a newer formula than the ones I've used in the past.

Not even on trim huh?

...and a big difference between staining trim and dust on trim grampi... numerous others have reported it too at various online sites...especially with a DA polisher and especially on trim...but it's said luck counts.

I'll keep doing things easier and with tip top results using Meguiar's Ultimate thank you.

In fact...a project for this weekend...the semi-annual 6-step detailing on 2 vehicles both in an afternoon easily. 75 degrees and sunny...perfect weather to get the job done right and in only 4 hours or less for both rides. Since the last time...the interim Banana stuff has kept the exterior on both looking like I just detailed them.

Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001
Originally Posted by gofast182
I apply 845 with a DA and I don't get dust, either.
I've yet to use a Meg's wax that lasts as long as 845 but I'm going to try this at some point since it's a newer formula than the ones I've used in the past.

Not even on trim huh?

...and a big difference between staining trim and dust on trim grampi... numerous others have reported it too at various online sites...especially with a DA polisher and especially on trim...but it's said luck counts.

I'll keep doing things easier and with tip top results using Meguiar's Ultimate thank you.

In fact...a project for this weekend...the semi-annual 6-step detailing on 2 vehicles both in an afternoon easily. 75 degrees and sunny...perfect weather to get the job done right and in only 4 hours or less for both rides. Since the last time...the interim Banana stuff has kept the exterior on both looking like I just detailed them.

This back and forth kind of reminds me of the Nufinish arguments. We are getting nowhere with this. You have one experience with the product, and I (and others) have another.

Last edited:
I really don't understand the axe you're grinding, Hyundai guy.

Meguiar's Ultimate is as great all-rounder, but it's not the best at anything. It's not even the best all-rounder!

It is a quality product at a fair price - nothing more.

Everyone has their favorite.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW

Meguiar's Ultimate is as great all-rounder, but it's not the best at anything. It's not even the best all-rounder!

Yep. It's a bit silly to have these "mine is better than yours" discussions.

The best protection for your car is the one you have on there currently.

Why the drama comment?

Stated as difference of opinion...nothing more. The whole world doesn't take things at face value, and some folks have actual experience with multiple products, with differing results.

It seems anytime someone disagrees...a few folks chime in with their drama comments. People need to cool their jets.

Folks this is a most entertaining and silly, pointless thread. Thank you for the entertainment. Am I being snide? Yes, as a matter of fact I am, just read this whole thread and see for yourself why it should be closed.

Why the drama comment?

Stated as difference of opinion...nothing more. The whole world doesn't take things at face value, and some folks have actual experience with multiple products, with differing results.

It seems anytime someone disagrees...a few folks chime in with their drama comments. People need to cool their jets.

You've stated your opinion, and that's fine. Every time someone offers one to the contrary, you hammer on how they're wrong because... Because.

Quoting that particular part of my post, focusing on that, and trying to call someone else out for drama... Nice.

My jets are cool. Give your broken record a rest.

[
My jets are cool. Give your broken record a rest.

Not really. Hello pot...meet kettle.

And ditch the tool references...axe...hammer...

Originally Posted by RTexasF
Folks this is a most entertaining and silly, pointless thread. Thank you for the entertainment. Am I being snide? Yes, as a matter of fact I am, just read this whole thread and see for yourself why it should be closed.

I don't think the thread should be closed, but rather those who find it pointless should just ignore it...no one is forcing you to read or participate in it...

Exactly!

Meg's Ultimate : Hand application or DA orbiter machine application ?

Always orbital if you have one. Cuts down on time and helps apply a thin even cost.

Me likes to apply Meg's Ultimate Liquid by hand...
banana2.gif

I use the DA polisher here for the polish & glaze steps in the 5-step process of detailing to save the most time.

Even the cheapie Walmart $20 polisher(6") will be an upgrade over applying it by hand. As mentioned, since it applies a very thin, uniform coat. Start with the foam bonnet then switch to the microfiber one for removal and buffing. Makes the whole thing a breeze.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver

Even the cheapie Walmart $20 polisher(6") will be an upgrade over applying it by hand. As mentioned, since it applies a very thin, uniform coat. Start with the foam bonnet then switch to the microfiber one for removal and buffing. Makes the whole thing a breeze.

No doubt that's true...

...but hand application is incredibly fast and easy as well...so it comes down to preference for the most part. We've done 2 vehicles with all 5 steps (claybar, polish, glaze, Meguiar's Ultimate, and Chemical Guys Blazin' Banana spray way w/UV) in a total of 2 hours a car. Only Meguiar's Ultimate portion...20-25 minutes per vehicle.

*Very cool !
Originally Posted by SatinSilver

No doubt that's true...

...but hand application is incredibly fast and easy as well...so it comes down to preference for the most part. We've done 2 vehicles with all 5 steps (claybar, polish, glaze, Meguiar's Ultimate, and Chemical Guys Blazin' Banana spray way w/UV) in a total of 2 hours a car. Only Meguiar's Ultimate portion...20-25 minutes per vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back