Happy Thanksgiving Everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishing all of us here at BITOG a very Happy Thanksgiving Day today. Whatever you are doing today, enjoy it with friends and family. I hope those of us who have to work or otherwise miss part of the day still have a chance to spend time with family today too. I am very grateful for my family and everything we have and work hard for every day.

Enjoy the day BITOG'ers...

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I mixed up some cornbread stuffing. Added apple, walnuts, tiny bit of red bell pepper, and celery. It is in a large cast iron pan in the oven baking up. When it comes out the turkey goes in.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Spent the morning poking around, alternating between a battery replacement and bitog posting (otherwise it shouldn't have taken two hours to change!). About time for the bird and dessert. Will then rotate on snows and maybe do a couple of oil changes (10W30 in the sump, too thick for winter). Few other random jobs, taking it easy for the day methinks.

Spent last night getting ready for Thanksgiving. Including installing a gotta mod on my 97 f150. Lifted negative terminal off battery to reset system while I did the mod. Filled up after getting it done. Maybe today or tomorrow I will check out the results and next fill up check if I get an extra mile out of it. So far the drive to the gas station said it is working. Peddle didn't go down as hard to get moving.

Today 15 guests over. Yay grandchildren included. It will be a great day.

Safe travels, Safe cooking and reasonable eating for all. Just checked the tires on the Transit and at 3/32 so will use some time this afternoon shopping for new tires. Amazed at how fast a 32s or two disappear in a thousand miles or so:(

Kinda bummed out,only get to drive 5 miles for Thanksgiving and worried my Pennzoil Ultra 0w20 wont get up to temp because its a short trip.
lol.gif
j/k
Though being the website this is,someone could be thinking exactly that.
confused.gif

The crops are all in and preparation for next year's planting is already underway by some growers. All is not so well in corn and bean country with the low commodity prices of late. But things are alright in general. Our local Hy-Vee served the traditional Thanksgiving meal today from 11:00 to 1:00 and all were invited to dine free of charge. A great Iowa company.The grocer also fed veterans over a three day period earlier this month. Our town is very quiet right now as family and friends gather for the traditional dinner. It's a wonderful time of the year. No black Friday for us. Probably won't even get out of the house. At our age, it's getting rid of things acquired over decades of getting.Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back