Hankook or Cooper LT tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drive a 1998 E250 (not a company vehicle, but I have a company gas card) for work. Needs tires. Right now, I can get the Hankook Dynapro HT RH12 for $617.21 installed, or the Cooper Adventurer H/T for $619.89. This is 4 225/75R16 LT tires, mounted and balanced with road hazard coverage at Pep Boys. I have no need for snow traction, and am looking for a smooth ride and long life.

Which would you buy, or would you recommend something else?

I'd wait a week or two for the Black Friday sale at Discount Tire/Tire Americas. All they do are tires and a very good job at that. I'm betting you can probably get the above tires for around $400 installed and after rebates.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I'd wait a week or two for the Black Friday sale at Discount Tire/Tire Americas. All they do are tires and a very good job at that. I'm betting you can probably get the above tires for around $400 installed and after rebates.
+1

Hankook's in my old abandoned dog kennel have 10k on them ...
Key word: "hydroplane" ...
Thanks for reminder to get rid of them ...

Those Hankooks came OEM on the Econoline vans-if you do a lot of highway driving, & little/no snow, they might be one of the best commercial LT tires out there. I didn't think we would get great miles out of them, but we had a couple sets make it to 85,000 miles-and they weren't worn out, just noisy/lumpy from lack of rotation. Great weight hsndling in the load range E/10 ply as well, we ran the LT245/75R16Es on E-250s.

I was going to take the advice of waiting for the Black Friday deals, but one of my tires sprang a leak today. So I'm sitting in a Starbucks typing this on my phone, while they put the Coopers on. Fortunately I had my compressor with me today, so I pumped it up and ran down to the Boys of Pep.

before i went with a more agressive tire (cooper discoverer ATP) i had the cooper discoverer HT plus... really liked them for a standard tire. quiet, good all around traction. my vote goes for cooper

I have had Cooper tires before and have had either cracking or shimmy (unsolvable)issues. I won't buy them again. I presently have Hankook tires and am very pleased with the ride and handling and would buy them again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back