Gun carry insurance

I don't see how those charges could stick in a case like that. How much closer to death do prosecutors expect someone to get before protecting themselves? That's crazy.
Even Texas has some biased prosecutors and judges in the mix … elected positions after all …

I agree - it was a poor example.

However, despite the potential for a prosecutor to make an issue of it, I still think the insurance is a good idea.

Unscrupulous prosecutors have made an issue, even won convictions, of people using handloads, or using hollowpoints, and other reasonable acts that the prosecutor was able to characterize as irresponsible, or pre-meditated.

Remember that the prosecutor doesn't care about you, or wrong or right, they care only how their record looks in gaining convictions. They will bring a case if they think they can win. It's never about wrong or right.
Interesting comment wrt a hollow point round. So what does that mean ? You are perceived as wanting to kill vs just “stop” an attacker …?

USLS here...I live in TX or AZ both pro gun states.....but that wont stop civil cases....you hear it every day....He was a good boy on his way to church till mean old "insert name here " shot and killed or injured him because he got mixed up on what car he was stealing and got shot etc.
I know somebody who killed a home invasion in another state.......cost him over 300k and aint over yet.
As he said to me a few months ago....if he knew all of this he would have opened the door and kissed the SOB vs what happened to him now.
Of course he lives in non gun friendly state.

I have to pay more "insurance" in case i shoot some idiot trying to break in my house....then I have to pay extra for ins on my Rolex and high end watch collection.....Home owners will not cover.....has to be another policy.
Then i found out ins was going up lots because Rolex has gone up lots in value in one year.....
Between shooting somebody trying to kill me over the high end watch collection.... im out over 2k a year...plus my auto ins is going up .....never had a ticket or been in a crash....just getting old......you get screwed...does not seem very fair.

In most cases, if not all, a wrongful death suit doesn't cost the client anything if they lose. So why wouldn't they sue?

Contingency Fees in Wrongful Death Cases
In a contingency arrangement, you agree to pay the lawyer a percentage of the amount recovered typically between 33.333% and 40%. The precise amount usually depends on the type of case and a number of other factors.

https://www.sutliffstout.com/wrongful-death-guide/attorneys-fees-wrongful-death/
With so many hungry ambulance-chasing shyster PI lawyers like Ben Crump on the loose, you can bet your A$$ that there will be a civil suit. In the past few years, every time the media interviews a "victim's" family, there stands Ben Crump with them.

a lawfully carried firearm insures against physical harm from violent crime. it stands to reason to insure against any financial harm arising from the same violent crime. we have medical insurance to cover our expenses should we incur an injury. we insure against our financial liability arising from our use of a motor vehicle, so why not another tool, a firearm? i have uscca with a veteran’s discount.

My question would be has anybody ever had to use it/ flle a claim etc.....
I just spent a good chunk of change to insure my watch collection.....Ive been paying several years and never had to file claim ......yet....knock on wood. My quess would be my pistol collection would be close.....take photo's and turn in serial numbers etc.
A few years back a member in my Mustang club said he was in a public restroom and somebody stuck a gun in his back and told him to hand over his Rolex TT DJ that he said he paid 8200 back when it was new .....with a 250 dollar deductable he got a check for like 7800.00 or close to it and it took almost 6+ weeks to get it. He was not very happy with them so when bought another Rolex he changed ins companies.

Well just look how they treated that lawyer in Missouri that didn't even fire his guns...
eed563e129e3410797321b52bc886ba3_18.jpeg

...I would want insurance, they were treated like they were in Illinois.

USCCA and an umbrella policy.

Liability insurance cost peanuts compared to what it provides. Insurance is there to protect your investments/assets from being taken or depleted.

If you click your heels together with joy over saving a few bucks on oil, but think liability insurance is worthless then you got your financial priories twisted.

I have credentialing to carry in all 50 states. I do everything possible to avoid being in a position to want/need to carry. Doing the right and lawful thing in a necessary situation with a handgun comes at a limitless risk and cost. More than just civil lawsuits (and CCA insurance). It can impact current and future employment opportunities, etc. I can go on and on.

I am ever vigilant everywhere I go. The number one place IMHO where one is exposed and may not be able to avoid a situation is a gas station/ quicky stores.

This person had a good plan at the gas station/ quicky store:

I have credentialing to carry in all 50 states. I do everything possible to avoid being in a position to want/need to carry. Doing the right and lawful thing in a necessary situation with a handgun comes at a limitless risk and cost. More than just civil lawsuits (and CCA insurance). It can impact current and future employment opportunities, etc. I can go on and on.

I am ever vigilant everywhere I go. The number one place IMHO where one is exposed and may not be able to avoid a situation is a gas station/ quicky stores.

This person had a good plan at the gas station/ quicky store:

I know for a fact, that unless you are a resident of New Jersey and have a NJ issued CCW permit, which are extremely difficult to obtain, you do not have the authority to carry a concealed firearm in New Jersey. NJ does not acknowledge any out of state CCW permits.

Last edited:
I know for a fact, that unless you are a resident of New Jersey and have a NJ issued CCW permit, which are extremely difficult to obtain, you do not have the authority to carry a concealed firearm in New Jersey. NJ does not acknowledge any out of state CCW permits.
In am not sure why a discussion centered on the civil liability of using a handgun turned into New Jersey CCW statues, but below find one method to for credentialed person to carry in NJ, and I know of two other types of credentialing.

Last edited:
In am not sure why a discussion centered on the civil liability of using a handgun turned into New Jersey CCW statues, but below find one method to for credentialed person to carry in NJ, and I know of two other types of credentialing.

I considered that. But if that's the case and you're retired federal LE( I'm retired NJ State LE), why waste money on such insurance? Your prior training and experience will play a huge role in minimizing both criminal and civil risk exposure.

I considered that. But if that's the case and you're retired federal LE( I'm retired NJ State LE), why waste money on such insurance? Your prior training and experience will play a huge role in minimizing both criminal and civil risk exposure.
One only need look at the civil judgment against Werner trucking to know one can be 100 percent right and still have a massive judgment against them. Everyone today has a camera phone, but what is recorded often is not the full/ complete story. My life experience is to stay far away from situations/ venues where a handgun may be needed. The juice is not worth the squeeze.

Back