Guess Amazon or rockauto is the hassle free place to buy turn signal bulbs-sad

for example, when a headlight bulb burns out, I replace both but I save the working one.
This fabulously deep concept is something I had to repeat to the 16 year old kid to whom I steered my neighbor's car-for-sale.
I am aware and in agreement with BITOG's "policy" to eschew generational bashing but the slower a young guy is, the stupider his earrings look.
And I like the kid.

ps The same applies to bling laden athletes or those with crazy hair when they fail to perform.

Need two basic turn signal bulbs. At Wal Mart at 705am on a Friday morning. Bulbs under lock and key, nobody available to open the case, and horrible music is blasting.

Maybe, by default, be forced to buy online unless we want hassle of pay a premium for stuff at retail stores.

View attachment 120073
Maybe, Just maybe if we weren't so soft on criminals, We wouldn't have to lock something as miniscule as light bulbs. Just my opinion.

We have an Autozone that's open 6am-midnight.
In many "metro" areas, there's usually one auto parts franchise's location that's open much longer than their other locations. We used to have an Autozone that was open 24 hours. I think Covid ended that though. This store is typically the heaviest stocked too (after their central warehouse).

Lowes had a wonderful selection of bulbs. Worked out well on a Sunday evening for daughters Acura ILX taillight. Competitive pricing too.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
Amazon is not without it's hassles. Wanted to buy a hose for a Moen pull down kitchen faucet. Went by the pictures as I knew what the ends needed to look like. Tried to order a Moen brand. Some items had more than one picture of the hose. One picture showed a hose with a little larger plastic end and the other showed a hose with a little smaller brass end. Each picture was of a different hose. Which hose is the one they will send. I am on my fourth hose (this one an aftermarket one) and I believe it's the right one. Not even for me, but a lady down the street who needs some help with things.

Which hose is the one they will send. I am on my fourth hose (this one an aftermarket one) and I believe it's the right one. Not even for me, but a lady down the street who needs some help with things.
I gave up on that. I'm already saving them a bunch of money on labor and not marking the part up. I'm going to buy parts where I can get it quick and easy and know it's the right one, and pass on whatever the cost is.

I use light bulbs as filler items when ordering other parts. They're much cheaper in loose quantities, and not retail blister packaging.

If a more immediate need arises, there is no shortage of B&M options.

For their ECE spec applications, the Sylvania-branded bulbs that come out of the German, Italian, or Slovakian Osram factories are every bit as good as OE.

• Helpful
Side note, why are you purchasing non-leds at this point? I have been up until recently been buying the bulk special non-leds, but are turning around to just investing in some LEDs and hoping for the best.
Brighter and I assume longer lasting. Some even come with the resistors built in so no issues with rapid blinkers.

Side note, why are you purchasing non-leds at this point? I have been up until recently been buying the bulk special non-leds, but are turning around to just investing in some LEDs and hoping for the best.
Brighter and I assume longer lasting. Some even come with the resistors built in so no issues with rapid blinkers.
Very good question. The bulbs are for a 2005 Mercedes S class. The w220 S-class have a smart light system. The system measures amps going through a bulb to identify if a bulb is not performing to standard. LED light bulbs have different amp draws than a non LED bulb. The Mercedes system will show an error with LED bulbs because in the change of amp rate of the bulb.

The smart system for lights has some benefits. If a light is going dim, starting to fail, or failed- the system will tell you the exact bulb that is failing, directly on the dash display. An example is if a turn signal bulb is failing, no need to observe if the bulb failing is the front, mirror, or rear.

Our Walmart has all kinds of stuff behind locked glass including the bulbs because of all the thieves we have around here. It's pretty sad.

• Sad
Our Walmart has all kinds of stuff behind locked glass including the bulbs because of all the thieves we have around here. It's pretty sad.

The Wal-Mart in Kimball, McDowell County, WV, closed back in 2016. Some think it was due to rampant theft. Now, the closest Wal-Mart to there is around 50 miles away. The building is still sitting empty to this day.

I have my own stash of common bulbs found in a lot of the cars I service. I buy the 10 packs and keep them in a cheap Husky toolbox I got at Home Depot a few years ago. The box is pretty flimsy but it’s good enough to hold supplies like bulbs, filters, wiring and pigtails, etc.

So I tend to have most everything in stock. Just for situations like this. But then who knows? When I’m gone they’ll have to get rid of all my old stock. 😁

Back