Grey Goose paid off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it happened... The Grey Goose is paid off.... Very happy about this. I don't buy a car to just trade it in after only 2-4-5 years.... I actually want to pay it off completely. The ol GG still runs really good and is still enjoyable to drive. At 258k miles I am rather pleased with it overall.

Hope you guys are doing good and have a good day today.

Good sense on holding on to your car beyond pay off. Some people don't mind being in constant, perpetual, never ending debt on vehicles. Apparently you and I are not among them.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Good sense on holding on to your car beyond pay off. Some people don't mind being in constant, perpetual, never ending debt on vehicles. Apparently you and I are not among them.

cheers3.gif

Somehow, I expected this thread to be about French Vodka...and was wondering what the payoff might have been...

Congrats on paying the car off. Now, make that payment to yourself for a while. Get off the debt/payment treadmill. You'll be amazed how quickly it adds up...

As an example, my wife wrote a check for her 2002 Volvo XC back in 2007. She is still driving it. She puts money in her savings every month, instead of making a car payment. She could, right now, write a check for a new car. But she's writing a couple of other checks: new kitchen counters, new backyard patio, retaining wall, and walkways, and a new deck.

I'm a bit confused so please don't take my questions the wrong way.

Your car has 258k miles on it and you just now paid it off? How long have you had the car? Did you buy it new?

Originally Posted by madRiver
Stuff those payment away for the fix it fund and cash roll next vehicle!

or roll those payments into the next highest interest rate debt you have and pay off more stuff more quickly!

I figured this would be some juvie thread about vodka and a girl.. that was totally inappropriate for bitog..

thanks for surprising me
smile.gif

Originally Posted by incognito_2u
Originally Posted by LoneRanger

cheers3.gif

++2
thumbsup2.gif

I try for 10 + years out of a vehicle . I got rid of My 96 Tacoma in 2015 not because there was a problem but the ride started hurting. Sold the 2002 F250last year because the wife's knee hurt too much to drive the clutch because of a bike or horse crash I don't remember and it is best not to ask.. Both Vehicles had lots of life left in them.

Originally Posted by badtlc

Your car has 258k miles on it and you just now paid it off? How long have you had the car? Did you buy it new?

This. Cars should be well paid off before 260K miles.

It's totally possible to have a loan on a high mileage car. For example, I got this car loan on my 2010 Escape a little over a year ago. I've put over 30K miles on the vehicle so far. With some simple math at the last year's annual mileage it'll have about 240K miles on it by the time it's paid off. Oh, and I put only $1000 down and I did buy the extra gap insurance since I knew I was going to be significantly upside down on the loan for quite some time and at high risk of wrecking the car.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bubbatime

This. Cars should be well paid off before 260K miles.

Ahhh I got the car with 39,990 miles....in Nov 2012... I drive a lot.... A whole lot. I greatly enjoy driving and seeing new places and driving through the country. Mostly because I can.... You see..... It's a different world when you wake up every day wondering if you are going to be able to do the normal things we normally do... and yes... I have had a hard time with my vision at times throughout the last 20 years... And my left eye is permanently damaged... So I drive a lot. I understand that it may well always be this way. I enjoy it one day at a time... That's why those miles are way up there... And I am extremely grateful and thankful they are....

Originally Posted by Char Baby
What is the GG, your Altima?

Yep...
smile.gif

The 3.5 two door coupe.

It is not wise to keep a loan for so long and on such a high mileage car. Why? Because more likely than not, the loan amount exceeds the value of the vehicle. So, unless one has gap insurance for the entire length of the loan, in an event the car is totalled and the insurance has to pay out, the owner will still need to pay the remainder of the loan off.

Originally Posted by Rand
I figured this would be some juvie thread about vodka and a girl.. that was totally inappropriate for bitog..

thanks for surprising me
smile.gif

Glad I could surprise you
lol.gif

Yeah I don't drink alcohol... And I don't chase women... (Though I will be honest and say that is not always the easiest activity to not want to do though
lol.gif
)
And yes I do behave myself quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back