Green & Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have green GC in My 2001 Old's Alero now & this oil is GREAT! Winter is approaching % reading that the GC is heavier than the stated 0W-30 & I generally use 5W/30.... has anyone run this oil in the winter & how is the cold start-up flow rate compared to a 5W/30 as it gets cold here in Buffalo,NY..... Thanks

I have run it in the winter with air temps of -5 to -10 without windchill. it starts up easier than the 5-30 that I had used for years. engine is a 4.3l. hope this helps you out.

matrass.... Your weather is probably similar to over here in Buffalo. The Alero has a 2.4L and was using Wally World synthetic (no problems) then switched to Mobil1 EP 5/30 and the motor had a knock to it from the M1.....switched to GC this spring and what a GREAT oil!!Thanks for the reply as from what I heard the GC was heavier than the stated 0/30 so thus the question,& yes,I have a hoard of GC in My garage and i blame it to this Forum!!!!%$$#@#$
lol.gif

GC is not heavier than the stated 0w-30. However, it is one of the thicker 30-weight oils...close to being a 40-weight, but still within the viscosity range of a 30-weight.

Triple_Se7en ...BITOG is contagious & expensive "but I love it!" My car has never run as great as it does now with the GC "The Elves are working hard" My garage is 300ft below the ground on a highly guarded government facility...You are welcome!!
grin.gif
patriot.gif

Where's your garage freeze? What side of the garage is your stash on? I don't want to knock over anything in the dark - you know!
lol.gif

Leave your side door open please! I'll leave a cash-filled envelope for full oil value on the work bench there.
grin.gif

matrass.... Your weather is probably similar to over here in Buffalo. The Alero has a 2.4L and was using Wally World synthetic (no problems) then switched to Mobil1 EP 5/30 and the motor had a knock to it from the M1.....switched to GC this spring and what a GREAT oil!!Thanks for the reply as from what I heard the GC was heavier than the stated 0/30 so thus the question,& yes,I have a hoard of GC in My garage and i blame it to this Forum!!!!%$$#@#$

yes the weather here does suck in the winter, not quite as bad as you have it though. have to admit GC can be fun to search for.

Running GC all year long in my Grand AM with 3400-series V6 engine & (just started for) my Mom's Sunfire GT with 2.4L Twin Cam I4 engine.

No problems last winter in my Grand AM.
Even at -25°C/-13°F range.

Hmmmmm.... So, would the GC 0W-30 be good for summer use, where I would otherwise use 10W-40....??? ('99 Jeep Cherokee XJ, non-high-RPM application) IS there a GC in any other visco??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back