Green is not Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my disappointment with my first foray into GC (with the Gold) I must say I had low expectations for the Green that I was lucky enough to find last week. I just put 4.25 qts M0223 in my '99 Maxima, and I must say the Green is a totally different oil. I swear this car has never run so quiet and smooth. On the Gold it actually made MORE timing chain noise (the infamous tensioner clacking on the VQ30). with the Green it is silent and smooth. No word yet on the fuel economy, but so far I like what this stuff is doing. hopefully it will stay this way.

I have not tried the Gold, but have used the Green in many cars, now including 2 Hondas, and it is definately unique in it's smoothness. Now, is the Gold the same...I would think it to be comparable, but who knows? Were your past runs on winter gas? Winter gas bites.

I'll be making the switch from Gold to Green this coming weekend.

I'll be interested to see (and hear) the difference. My truck was definitely quieter running on the gold than the Amsoil ASL I had in there before.

quote:

Originally posted by Auto-Union:
Were your past runs on winter gas? Winter gas bites.

yeah it was winter gas mostly, but it was spiked with FP60 the whole time. Also I was using an M1 filter, which I believe is a bit more restrictive than the OEM I'm using now. that could've been causing the tensioner clacking. but the UOA I got with the Gold showed a very weak add pack - more so than the various gold VOAs I've seen. so I'm wondering if I got some sort of defective batch. it was M05075.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back