Grease Gun Bulk Loading Methods

My wife got me the DeWalt 20VMax grease gun and all the methods are described in the OM (has a fill nipple), that said cool to see the video - thanks! I figured #1 would be nasty and messy.

I have three grease guns on the wall. One of them is for peculiar fittings that I don't even recall what they were on - something I no longer own, probably.
Last time I used one was at least two years ago and the last time I filled one was much longer back than that.
However, in the past my personal grease gun filling was from a small grease container that had a floating inner lid with a 1.5" hole in the middle so that allowed me to fill using the suction method. Unfortunately, so much time had elapsed since I last had to fill that way I made a complete pig's ear of it and grease got everywhere.
One of the other guns is a cartridge gun - much better.

I do the vehicles, my 2 neighbors tractors, bailers and hay cutters. plus my own stuff. I go through about 12 tubes per year. At work we tried the pump and the bulk barrels and ended up with the tubes of grease.

Love my Lincoln 12v grease gun, I go through about 3-4 tubes per year. Cartridge swap is easy, put it in the vise & unscrew cap then swap out old for new.

Back