Got two free tickets to the Indy 500!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend cannot use them, so I am Indy bound baby!! Awesome seats - just past the start finish line on the infield side, behind the pits. They call it the Pit Road Terrace. Tickets have a face value of $80 ticket each. A buddy of mine will be going with me. I am not really an open wheel fan, I prefer NASCAR, but I have wanted to see this track for a long time. It is going to be HOT - 94F is the forecast high temp. I cannot wait!!
banana2.gif

Wear sunscreen and get us pics!

Make friends with the fans next to you by bringing up Danica Patrick's recent career move.
lol.gif

Congrats. Please spend lots of money while you're here. Watch your speed while driving in and out. It's REVENUIN' time for all Indiana LEAs!

I've sat on the outside of 1 for over thirty years and I still get goosebumps at every start.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Congrats. Please spend lots of money while you're here. Watch your speed while driving in and out. It's REVENUIN' time for all Indiana LEAs!

I've sat on the outside of 1 for over thirty years and I still get goosebumps at every start.

I plan on roll'n easy. 70 mph is about tops in the Sexy Chevy Astro..... That old girl needs to keep rolling a while yet, so I am going to keep it down to a dull roar!! I am sure I will help the economy plenty......

Leaving tomorrow morning around 4am, it is around 4.5 hrs to the track from Holland, MI.

I went in 92 when Al jr beat Scott Goodyear by a nose. Sat between 3&4 in the old stands.

It's going to be an interesting day. New cars on a high speed oval for the first time; new turbo engines going 500 race miles for the first time and RECORD HEAT! This will be the hottest Indy 500 in history with a temp of 90 degrees at the noon green flag climbing to 94 by race end about 3:30. Despite the warnings, there will be hundreds of fans falling out. One has to wonder how the drivers do it in those fireproof race suits.

Taps, Jim Nabors, balloons and 33 cars jamming into turn one at 220. I'm excited already. And a big time salute to Dan Wheldon today, our defending champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back