got this sweet AA charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
LaCrosse BC-9009

I rarely buy nice things but this looks like the bee's knees. Charges each cell individually, gives charging volts & amps on display, has an automated discharge/recharge cycle that refreshes old batteries, tests cells for their rated capacity, etc. Have just started playing with mine.

Is the controversial darling on candlepowerforums.

Some pretty damming pics at that Amazon link. I'd be careful with it and only use it when I can keep an eye on it IMO.

I have a Maha Powerex MH-C9000 WizardOne Charger-Analyzer and it's awesome. Any feature I could ever want - one of the Cadillac Models of NiMH battery chargers.

Powerex C-9000

It's right up there with the LaCrosse models - can't say one is better than the other, but they are really neat toys.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: helix_rider
I have a Maha Powerex MH-C9000 WizardOne Charger-Analyzer and it's awesome. Any feature I could ever want - one of the Cadillac Models of NiMH battery chargers.

Powerex C-9000

It's right up there with the LaCrosse models - can't say one is better than the other, but they are really neat toys.

I got the same Maha and love it too. The reviews for the LaCrosse and Maha Powerex Wizard one were pretty much identical. I got a better deal on the Maha so went with it. Your batteries will last a lot longer on a decent charger than the cheap $5-10 ones.

I have a mahapowerex 8800, but knowing Ah in as this one may be able to show would be useful for understanding capacity retention.

My existing stock of cells, rated 2000mAh, are testing out a little over half that after refreshing.

I also got some eneloops which are supposed to be the end all be all.
laugh.gif

The only ones i've found (locally) that are close to their rated capacity are the Energizer NiMh cells. I bought them at Wal-Mart of all places. They are rated at 2500 mAh, and show 2200 to 2300 after break-in and capacity testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back