Got some new tires for the jeep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My BF Goodrich KOs lasted me 50k miles. Great tire in the snow and trail use I've used them in here in PA.

I have been dead set on a set of Kelly Safari TSRs. My dad had them and although he likes his KO2s, he misses the Kelly's. The Kelly's were absolute beast of a tire and could handle any snow and trail thrown at it for our jeeps. Brilliant tire.

I called my local kelly tire dealer and told them I needed 245/75/R16 Safari TSRs. They said "Ok we have them you can come on in". I get in there and after waiting for an hour (they were swamped), they apologized and said they made a mistake and thought they had the right size but they did not.

So they offered me a same design tire at the same price of the Kellys and gave me a discount for the wait I had and not having the tires I requested. I was a little dissapointed that they did not have the TSRs but then they showed me the new tires and after looking at the reviews online, they had the same good reviews (4.6/5 stars) and had the same ratings as the Kelly Safari TSRs.

The tires: Goodyear Fierce Attitudes 245/75/R16

Using a penny as a reference. These treads are tall!

Love the stance it gives my jeep!

Immediately the tires are a way better ride than my 245/70/R16 BF Goodrich KOs. These tires seem like they are going to be just as good as the TSRs, hopefully they will stand the test.

The increase in tire size fills the wheel-wells well with my 2.5" lift. Tires don't look too tiny, no rubbing, plenty of suspension travel to be had!

Happy camper
smile.gif

You probably already know this, but the Kellys are a value oriented brand owned/made by Goodyear and the Goodyear Fierce series of tires is Goodyear's budget entry line of tires for those wanting the Goodyear name. That doesn't mean they are bad.

Originally Posted By: barkingspider
I like the look of the tires. Hope u get 50k miles out of them.
there is no way will a tire like that make 50k. Plus I bet they are super noisey after a few weeks.

Tires look great but I agree, I've had tires like those on my Wrangler back in the day and they are bumpy and loud. There is no way you get 50K out of those even with gentle driving. Those tires are better suited for trail/mud and asphalt will eat them up quick.

This is almost 15 years ago that I had a wrangler, I had a pair of off-road tires and a daily driver set that I would swap depending on plans.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
That's one mean tread pattern! How are they on the road?

So far great!

No loud humming. The loud humming didn't come on the TSRs until they were at the end of their life

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: barkingspider
I like the look of the tires. Hope u get 50k miles out of them.
there is no way will a tire like that make 50k. Plus I bet they are super noisey after a few weeks.

Yeppers I bet they won't.

Dad got 40k on his TSRs and have seen a post or two online of people getting 45k miles on these.

Most definitely the noise will come but used to it. The Kelly's hummed and my BF Goodrich hummed when they wore. Nature of the best, but I don't care about that.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I like the looks of them, but I bet they're loud, or soon to be loud.

Soon to be loud
smile.gif

Though from past experience with the TSRs, their loudness we're not even close to most of the other mud tires I've heard from others

Originally Posted By: FirstNissan
Tires look great but I agree, I've had tires like those on my Wrangler back in the day and they are bumpy and loud. There is no way you get 50K out of those even with gentle driving. Those tires are better suited for trail/mud and asphalt will eat them up quick.

This is almost 15 years ago that I had a wrangler, I had a pair of off-road tires and a daily driver set that I would swap depending on plans.

Thank you.

I think I'll get good use of them

Best of luck but aren't those tires a little EXTREME for daily use?

A set of street tires would be a great thing.

I had an old boss who'd say, "Have a few less drinks and go buy them."

Nice - that should bite some ground - seems those in Goodyear showroom here have a "barbed wire" tire bead around diameter

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Nice tires! I love the look of beefy treads!

As do I. Can't wait to see how they compare to my BF Goodriches on the trails!

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Nice - that should bite some ground - seems those in Goodyear showroom here have a "barbed wire" tire bead around diameter

Yep. Personally don't care for the barbed wire look but it's also not a big deal. Sidewall protection is a plus though with the triangle patterned nobs on the side.

Originally Posted By: TinyVoices
Nice tires. Any info on the turbo mr2 in the right of the pic? Always looking to buy more of them.
grin.gif

Good eyes. Brilliant car, has owned for a long time. Don't think it's for sale lol. That's the daily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back