Got my FP just now...a few "?"s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new-look DHL truck just pulled up and I got my 24oz. bottle of FP now...I like the bottle, it's great that it has vol-markings in ml and oz.

Question: I assume the cleanliness of my 97 T-bird(4.6L) to be in the middle, so I thought of going with a mid-dose to begin with: 2oz. per 5 gallons of fuel(7.2 oz in my 18-gallon tank).
Right now I have to use 93 oct. to prevent pinging. Should I use FP in this ratio for 2-3 tanks with the 93 oct and then try a lower oct. or do something else?(I mean any other ratio/length of treatment)

oh, and when I do go to lower oct(89 or 87), shall I still try it with FP or without? the car has 100k miles.

Thanks in advance.

If you have to use premium to prevent pinging, the deposits are almost certainly bad enough to justify 3 oz/5 gal on the first tank. Besides, you're not bound to hurt anything at that level. I think Pablo added a lot more than that on his first tank and came out fine. I know you want your bottle to last, but don't be penny wise and pound foolish.

If it were me, I'd do 3 oz/5 gal on the first tank, then the normal dose for another couple tanks before lowering octane. I'm sure MolaKule and Terry could give a much more scientific answer, though, as they've actually tested it.

I started using Fuel Power about 2k miles ago in my '95 Accord 4-cyl. I'm pretty sure that I have pretty significant carbon buildup, and since the car was actually running rougher on the first tank (I think due to cleaning), I ran roughly 1 oz per gallon on my second tank, and the car ran like a dream. Since then, I've been running 2oz/gallon. After 1000 miles I tried dropping from 89 octane to 87, and still had pinging (just not as bad as before). I'm back on 89, but have much less pinging on it than before the FP. Make sure you give FP lots of time to clean out the carbon. It will do it, but slowly.

quote:

Since then, I've been running 2oz/gallon

The "normal" ratio is 1/5, and this is 2/1. Why not just try straight FP?
rolleyes.gif

2 ounces for 5 gallons gas max FP usage. Worst case scenario for a shock treat 1 ounce LC per 5 gallons one tank.

Once cleaned up no need to use more than 1 ounce FP to 5 gallons gas and many of my customers use less once they get things cleaned.

This product is designed to be a add not a fuel and save you money not scavange it from your pockets !

Thanks everybody.

I filled up today, using 2oz/5 gal.

will comment soon with observations...right now, nothing really big; engine sounds a little different(racier?) and a bit rougher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back