Got me a BlueDriver

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing some reviews on youtube about the BlueDriver, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one.
I got a smartphone last weekend (don't laugh- had my last dumbphone for almost 9 years) so now I can do apps and stuff like that.

Anyhow, ordered it through Amazon on Sunday morning and it came in today.

Friday night, I had a flashing check engine light as the Ranger was running rough. Shook the wires around, made sure all pigtails were plugged in, etc. It started running fine and I drove it quite a bit and no light anymore. So I figured it was time to get a scanner.

It's a pretty cool little tool, it can pull up quite a bit of stuff. I'm still learning the Mode 6 part of it to see if I can see any misfires- but I'm not sure if the primitive CPU on the Ranger supports too much.

I'll mess around with it some more tomorrow. So far I highly recommend it.

Unfortunately, the truck didn't store any codes.

ikxXB6.png

Thanks to FordTechMakuloco, Eric the Car Guy, and Chris Fixx for the tool reviews.
I was finally able to scan my ABS light also (which has been on for years)- but not a good code to have...

wsuKJI.png

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 1kickbuttranger
After seeing some reviews on youtube about the BlueDriver, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one.
I got a smartphone last weekend (don't laugh- had my last dumbphone for almost 9 years) so now I can do apps and stuff like that.

You're up-to-date now
thumbsup2.gif
, I'm still with my dumb 3.5 year old phone. This Fall I will change carrier from Verizon to Republic for family of 4.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: 1kickbuttranger

You're up-to-date now
thumbsup2.gif
, I'm still with my dumb 3.5 year old phone. This Fall I will change carrier from Verizon to Republic for family of 4.

It certainly takes getting used to. The other one simply did the job. I hardly use any of all them features that this thing has. I don't want to be one of "them" - you know people who are stuck looking at their phones all the friggin time. I can understand if they are looking at BITOG, but somehow I doubt it.

I have had the Blue Driver for a while. Handy way to do things and it links up online to data base of fault code conditions. The real time graphing while driving is neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back