Got an EBike

Al

Pretty neat. It actually needs pressure on the pedal to go. When the pressure stops the power stops (it will coast). You an run it unassisted. The three lights to the right of the charge indicator indicates assist level. One red light is less assist than 3 red lights. I replaced the handlebars.

Bought it local for like $1600. Could have bought it for less on the internets.

368226357_6692862600790646_7360545296719032388_n.jpg

367996226_6692862844123955_7129641036280578990_n.jpg

Looks great. Do you need a plate on it like a moped. Someone in my neighborhood has one...I always wondered why they were pedaling.

Looks great. Do you need a plate on it like a moped. Someone in my neighborhood has one...I always wondered why they were pedaling.

Some E-Bikes require you to pedal, some don't. The park system trials in my county has rules on the class of E-Bikes allowed on the trail. Class 1 only which is 20 MPH and no throttle. My local park system doesn't allow electric scooters.

I test rode a Marin Sausalito E1. It was very nice but was too small for me. The larger frame version wasn't obtainable at the time.

The bike Al got is pedal-assist only, if you don't pedal it won't go. Bikes that you don't have to pedal and have a throttle are IMO electric mopeds and should be under moped rules but that's another story.

The bad thing about handlebars that put you sitting straight up is if you hit a hole or curb the shock goes right up your spine. Having some forward lean puts some curve in your back and lessens the hit.

Hope you get lots of enjoyment out of it. (y)

I have a pedal-assist commuter bike (class 1, pedal only, 20mph max assist) I bought late last year. I get passed several times/day by people on throttle e-bikes, e-scooters, e-everything doing 30+mph on the paths. These are unclassified chinese import vehicles that people are riding and there is NO enforcement of the class 1 pathway rule here.
20221229_180918.jpg

The wife and I both have Specialized Vado/Cumo ebikes (assist). We have literally ridden them all over the Western United States. You have some very nice "rails to trails" paths back there!
Enjoy!

Congrats !

I've always enjoyed cycling...my 30 YO Trek Mtn bike has seen better days

Especially since I'm 30 yrs older too

Opted for a Himiway Zebra....direct from Himiway on line

Great bike..heavy yes at 79#..........Big battery ? Yes.....20 AH

Assembled it July 6th...very fast delivery even over the 4th holiday

In those almost 8 weeks of ownership....just turned 860 miles

Basically a Class 2 bike...w/throttle assist & 9 PAS settings

Fat tires are where's it at ! Mine was $1749 shipped

Hh0q9YB.jpg

I have an Aventon Level 2 which I bought used for $1150. It is a class 2 but apparently can be easily made into a class 3. Because of carpal tunnel syndrome and arthritis I replaced the handlebars with more swept back ones, installed Ergon grips and a suspension seat post. The mods allow me to keep most of the weight off my hands but I still get a little pain at the end of a long ride. I find I am enjoying the e-bike experience more than I expected. I only use boost level 1 in order to get a moderate amount of exercise.

I have an Aventon Level 2 which I bought used for $1150. It is a class 2 but apparently can be easily made into a class 3. Because of carpal tunnel syndrome and arthritis I replaced the handlebars with more swept back ones, installed Ergon grips and a suspension seat post. The mods allow me to keep most of the weight off my hands but I still get a little pain at the end of a long ride. I find I am enjoying the e-bike experience more than I expected. I only use boost level 1 in order to get a moderate amount of exercise.

With the Himiway...you can re program the PAS settings

From the factory it comes with 0-5 IIRC

Re set it...in 5 minutes...1-9 settings

It will evenly distribute the power as you select it

#1...20%....#2....25%...#3......30%...#4.....40% and so on

Pic......just turned 900 miles on mine today

JYZoAn0.jpg

Back