Got a new toy - 3/8" Snap-On TechAngle TQ Wrench!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did some car work for a neighbor and in exchange, he ordered me one of these!

https://store.snapon.com/TechAngle-174-M...ve-P759379.aspx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd3S5tgncpY

I have wanted one for a long time, but could never justify the cost due to the low usage for me. But I am starting to see angle torque requirements for seemingly simple stuff now, such as belt tensioner mounting bolts, some control arm bushing bolts and brake caliper bracket bolts on BMWs.

Seriously can't wait to get mine. Does anyone else have one?

I figured if you hadn't started this thread, you'd approve.
wink.gif

Yup I have the 1/2 version. One of the worst tool purchase I have ever bought. At first it was ok. It randomly turns off in use. Which when you are doing TTY bolts is not a good thing. I feel it has something to do with the way the battery are held into the tool. This picture looks way different. Hopefully they have fixed it. My company supplies my tools now so it just sits.

Wow, that's a serious torque wrench.

While all my torque wrenches are Snap On, they are all older and the conventional click style.

I could really use one like that for aircraft maintenance. That's very sweet.

I don’t have one but after seeing that i want it. I want to throw my old shabby Stahlwille and Hazet clickers in the bin. LOL Seriously that a very nice tool! Congrats
thumbsup2.gif

Ive seen specs, but they always seem to be like 45 or 90 degrees, which is easy to eyeball.

What kind of funny angle specs are you seeing coming on these parts? Ive certainly not been paying attention...

Originally Posted By: nwjones18
Man my $15 HF 3/8 torque wrench seems even shabbier now..

Yours is better than mine. I don't have any torque wrench so having 1 is better than none.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Astro14
That must have been some car work you did!

I did a couple things on that car - I think the owner got a pretty good deal compared to the dealer.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Ive seen specs, but they always seem to be like 45 or 90 degrees, which is easy to eyeball.

What kind of funny angle specs are you seeing coming on these parts? Ive certainly not been paying attention...

Most of the ones that I've seen are 45 or 90, but this tool makes it a bit easier.

Originally Posted By: Ojustracing
Yup I have the 1/2 version. One of the worst tool purchase I have ever bought. At first it was ok. It randomly turns off in use. Which when you are doing TTY bolts is not a good thing. I feel it has something to do with the way the battery are held into the tool. This picture looks way different. Hopefully they have fixed it. My company supplies my tools now so it just sits.

My understanding is that revision B solves this issue.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

I have replaced head gaskets that call for a 52 or 56 degree torque angle.

I just use a simple torque angle gauge from Snap-On.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back