Good to excellent and non-obnoxious violin use in a song thread

Am I missing something? OP asked for songs where the violin was "non-obnoxious" to me that would be songs where a violin (or fiddle) was used in a tasteful manner to enhance the music, not lead it.
Many of the songs posted have the subject stringed instrument as the lead.
When was it used to really bolster the lead (vocals, chorus, etc.), but not take center stage?
That's just your interpretation.

He wrote:

"Can be from good to excellent; can't be bad, poor or fair lol, and non-obnoxious; trying to weed out rap samplings here. Otherwise, the floor is open."

You just focused on the non-obnoxious part. Maybe some ARE obnoxious to you. Not sure. He didn't say the couldn't be the lead or sole instrument.

I believe one of the earliest pioneers of the use of an electric violin in pop/rock music was San Francisco based David LaFlamme with his band It's A Beautiful Day. I'm sure some of you will remember this one. Here's a live recording. The eponymous album is a classic.

That's just your interpretation.

He wrote:

"Can be from good to excellent; can't be bad, poor or fair lol, and non-obnoxious; trying to weed out rap samplings here. Otherwise, the floor is open."

You just focused on the non-obnoxious part. Maybe some ARE obnoxious to you. Not sure. He didn't say the couldn't be the lead or sole instrument.
Clarification was asked for.. alright.

My repertiore of music experience tells me that.. violin is in SOME hip-hop beats. Not so much R&B although that certainly wouldnt be obnoxious. My quick attempt to recall a hip-hop song that doesnt break barriers of appropriate content did not yield any fruit.

Maybe something like this, perhaps i should have said "Bastardized" violin moreso than obnoxious? Trying to think of what Eminem, Rihanna, songs.. had violin. I can think of piano and harp (Luther Vandross) but not violin. THOSE would be PRIME examples of what I hopedl would be left out. Also, "not so great" violin, to leave some up to the poster of what they feel makes the cut, not just any song with a note of violin in it. Personal choice and discretion there.

I found this, I suppose this serves as an example (of what my first thought would be in using "obnoxious." Does not seem a natural flow of music.. hip-hop sampled ???? Again, slight ambiguity.)

Surprised nobody has posted Metallica S&M songs yet. Those could qualify.

Maybe some Nordic tracks.. maybe something heavy metal. These not my areas of expertise. Hope this helps.

Here is another example of very well used.. not "obnoxious," if I am making sense.

@Pablo and others... it could lead, could not lead, just has to not be artificially jammed in ?

Here is a good example, I like this one.

Back