Good sunday afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
My buddy came over so we could do some maintenance on his 98 Civic.

Oil/Filter/spark plugs

:D
rab2fd.jpg

It was a great day, next we are going to change the fuel filter and tanny fluid

IMO preventative maintenance is the best thing you can do for a car.
Are you doing the coolant, p/s fluid and brake fluid as well?

My buddy does want to change the coolant and brake fluid so thats going to be are next project. some time next week we will be going to the auto parts store to see what we can get for the right price.

his car has 127,000 mils on it and it runs great!

here in the engine bay
21njpr4.jpg

the oil we put is royal purple 10w30
also the spark plugs are NGK platinums

Nice to be in California this time of year! With good maintenance like this and being in Cal, that Civic will last forever and a day. Don't forget the P/S fluid. Honda P/S fluid ONLY! Although there might me some highend P/S fluid that you prefer, I don't know!

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Nice to be in California this time of year!

Not to brag or anything, but it was in the mid 70s yesterday when i had lunch on the beach.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Nice to be in California this time of year!

Not to brag or anything, but it was in the mid 70s yesterday when i had lunch on the beach.

I hate you.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino
New RP sure is dark.

it sure was! after a bit of driving it was a light brown color my friend didnt believe me when i said it was purple lol

Don't foget to clean the IAC valve and throtle body as black grime starts to build up in both of them.

Our old 1998 Civic EX has approx 260K miles and still purring like a kitten. My nephew says he still gets 40+ MPG on the highway.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Don't foget to clean the IAC valve and throtle body as black grime starts to build up in both of them.

Our old 1998 Civic EX has approx 260K miles and still purring like a kitten. My nephew says he still gets 40+ MPG on the highway.

i have some throttle body cleaner in the garage, i usually just use a damp cloth to clean it out.

he is currently looking for a strut bar on ebay so stay tuned for future pics !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back