Good deal for laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be for my 25 year old GF. Her only uses would be for word processing, shopping, facebook, etc..... She wants it to be on the smaller side and portable. I have a netbook and she hates it.

I cannot find anything similar spec for that price. I went to look at it in person and the case seems solid not some flimsy thing like the bestbuy ACER $279 model .

Last edited by a moderator:
That laptop would seemingly be a good fit for her needs and suspected budget. It seems like a decent value, IMO. Don't expect it to be a speed demon, though, with a Pentium processor. Especially two years from now. But it would take another $150 to get an i3.

Originally Posted By: SkyGod
I prefer Asus laptops.
maker of motherboards video cards etc.
Not filled with programs and junk you don't need.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230060

How about a Ipad???

That is a decent price for that. Plus you probably don't pay sales tax, so the difference in the "out the door" price is about $25. But it is 15.6", which might be too big based on what the OP stated. Looks like similar specs, other than size, to the one the OP linked to.

14 inch or smaller is what she wants. I have a micro center local to me. I'll go check out my options in person.

I thought for $380 out the door that was a good deal.

Originally Posted By: dja4260
14 inch or smaller is what she wants.

I thought for $380 out the door that was a good deal.

Just get the HP from Best Buy. If she wants a 14" or smaller you won't do better than that.

Asus and Toshiba top the list for reliability. As ToyotaNSaturn pointed out HP brings up the bottom.

Well her sister sent me an email. I guess she mentioned that she wanted a MAC book. I cannot afford that currently so I'll find something else to get her.

Thanks for all the advice however!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back