Good, basic H11 headlight recommendation desired

For my low beams I've been using the It's the BP1225H11. Over 10 years I'm seeing 20 month/20,000 mile service from these cheap lamps.
The performance was the same with Wagner's H7 as the low beam in other vehicles.

Does anyone know of a plain Jane which lasts longer?
I don't want extra heat nor any specific color temperature madness.
I wouldn't consider any LED source until one is PROVEN to be a completely numb, 100% perfect swap.

Frankly, with more fancy headlighting in cars today, I'll bet the LED 'research' is going into the newer vehicle designs.
Refitting H1, H3, H7...etc. to LED might just be back-burner.

Who makes a good ol' lamp for Grandma?

Last edited:
I've never used LED for headlights and would be leery of that, but just put LED fog lights in my wife's RAV4 after her OEM halogen fog light bulb burnt out. It's plug and play. I don't know how much light it throws and beam angles and all that but it looks good and the wife is happy.

What's the matter with the ones you're using? You could save a buck going to Philips, but if you get 20 months out of either, that seems ok for the money.

I usually stick with Osram stuff from Germany. There used to be an online store called CandlePower but I don't think they are still open.

I’ll often counterpoint to the use of LL bulbs. They use a thicker filament running a little cooler, in order to last longer. However, the thinner filament will provide a sharper focus from the reflector. Yes, they will fail sooner, but the function is improved during that time. Just something to consider.

Philips or Hella H11 from Rockauto should work. The regular Hella bulbs I've purchased recently have all been made in South Korea and have provided good service.

Type H11 in the search at Rockauto and you'll get a bunch of choices, many plain Jane.

Whoever made OEM Honda halogen 9006 bulbs...had the OEM Accord pair last 10 years, 120k miles. Unfortunately the manufacturer wasn't stamped onto the bulb.

the replacement Hella bulbs are at 7.5 years and still going.

Back