God says its a lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat Robertson has claimed that the big guy upstairs has spoken to him and said that George W will win the election by a landslide! Whew, thats a load off of my mind
rolleyes.gif
. I'm not trashing anyone's way of religious comunication by a long shot but c'mon. Maybe he just pulled his head out, read a newspaper, or mistakenly dialed up Miss Cleo. He should have gotten the message last time to stay out of politics altogether.

While the next presidential election is indeed important, I would think Pat could ask about things like world peace, hunger, disease and prosperity. Or the next Mega-Millions Lottery numbers
grin.gif

Disclaimer: This is by no means to be construed as a slam on any religious or political views, its all about our friend Pat
smile.gif

Why the concern about Pat Robertson?

Certainly he's not on many people's radar screens, except the folks on the left that love to use the idiot as some example of their viewpoint what "Christianity is all about".

I saw some show with Pat Robertson a couple of weeks ago. He didn't seem to be a big fan of Bush. In fact, all he did was badmouth Bush for spending way too much money.

No concern here. I think you hit on the correct operative word though; idiot.

I just think its another example of how he uses his religious "connections" to dabble in politics via some form or another.

People that say these things are umm....scary.
shocked.gif

Anyone who claims to here voices in there head are a bit off IMO.
rolleyes.gif

Is it true that Bush said that he was called to be president by god? Pleas say it wasn't.
grin.gif

[ January 03, 2004, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

quote:

Originally posted by Bob Woods:
Pat screwed up big time when he was stupid enough to lie about his military service. If a man will lie about that he can't be trusted.

I hadn't heard that
grin.gif
grin.gif
Details Please
grin.gif
grin.gif
. He is one of the morons that give Republicans a bad name.
frown.gif

By all accounts, the story goes something like this...

In his early 40's, drinking heavily and drifting through life. Found religion. Invested in and ran a baseball team. Governor of Texas. US President. Pretty good turnaround in just 12 years!

Keith.

There was a brewing company spokesperson that told Bush on national TV not long ago that right around the time GW stopped drinking, there was a big decrease on beer consumption and production. I guess he was drinking that much huh
shocked.gif

As for Pat.....when I hear someone say he/she heard voices from above, I immediately lose all interest in what they have to say.

This story reminds me of when Oral Roberts was going to go up into some tower or something and stay until some large sum of money was raised for his 'ministry' or something.
And that reminds me of reading about some knight or another back in the 12th or 13th century or so. He was an English knight in Ireland, so I suppose it was during the first English occupation.
Anyway, he set fire to and burned down a big castle. The king asked him why he did it, and his reason was that he thought the Archbishop was inside.

burnout.gif
Last_Z, I saw and heard that comment about the demand going down the year Bush stopped drinking.
MarkC, As I recall, it seems Oral Roberts said the Lord told him that if he didn't raise the specific amount of money by a certain time that he was going to, "...call him home". I am a Christain myself, but I am not a believer in those who claim God is 'talking' to them. I saw preachers come along to the church I was recently atteding with the claim that God had told them specifically He wanted them to come and be the pastor. In a very few weeks they were gone. I just don't think God was involved with those claims in any way. There is a Commandment against using God's name in vain.

Originally posted by Bob Woods:
Pat screwed up big time when he was stupid enough to lie about his military service. If a man will lie about that he can't be trusted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hadn't heard that Details Please . He is one of the morons that give Republicans a bad name

When he was running for prez he stated he had served in Korea, when his record showed otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back