GM in "intense" preparations for bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
..... I thought bankruptcy wasn't an option two months ago with the former CEO.
wink.gif

Thats because it wasn't...if it was, he would lose his pension. With his removal, he gets to keep his 23 million...

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
..... I thought bankruptcy wasn't an option two months ago with the former CEO.
wink.gif

It wasn't at the time, But with more prep work and the government helping supplier and well the warranty thing it is more possible.

Before there was all the worry about lots of suppliers failing and the worry that people wouldn't by cars from a company that is bankruptcy making it even harder on said company. Also there has been more time to prepackage things so less time will have to be spent getting all the agreements.

Last edited:
Why bust your rump when your salary is capped and you own your life to the mafia?
smirk2.gif

Sorry to hear GMBoy about it getting you personally. But sometimes moving on is the best thing.

I lost (actually quit) my job 18 years ago with a very large world wide company with their US offices in New Jersey. I was commuting there every week from here and traveling accross the US doing work. Finally they decided that I could keep my job, but would have to move to NJ. That was not going to happen so I took the package and finally am at a point where I was (pay wise) 18 years ago.

But I'm 1000% happier for the last 18 years not dealing with the [censored] that I would have.

Different stuff now (most jobs have it) but when I'm off, I'm a happy camper.

Take care ,Bill

Last edited:
Thanks Bill. I am actually applying for jobs now and was amazed at what was available in the local governments. I mean more than half the jobs I was checking out paid 70k and up - for jobs that I would say were worth maybe 40k. Seems like the gov't jobs are where it's at. I just got moved to another dept today and I am not at all happy about it. My performance is high and my bosses recognize me and put me into a hard position to "straighten things out" because they know I will. Sad thing is even with good intentions they can never reward me for doing this the way the company is today. I'm happy to have a job, but really I am getting burned out by GM and how we manage. I hate going to work everyday worried and I've already relocated to keep my job due to plant closings - gets very old and hard on family. I need to get a nice stable job outside GM. Sorry to ramble on, but while I support my company I have come to realize that they are failing me.

After all this bank, auto and who knows what bailouts are over I think the American people need to demand a "plan" from the government on when they are going to turn around!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Thanks Bill. I am actually applying for jobs now and was amazed at what was available in the local governments. I mean more than half the jobs I was checking out paid 70k and up - for jobs that I would say were worth maybe 40k. Seems like the gov't jobs are where it's at. ...

If you are thinking about changing jobs and staying in the area, now is better than later when there is more competition on the street. It's easier to get a job when you already have one too.

Local gumnts are in trouble too though, don't jump into a job with a gumnt entity with financial problems.

Quote:
After all this bank, auto and who knows what bailouts are over I think the American people need to demand a "plan" from the government on when they are going to turn around!

Nice fantasy, but I agree with it.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back