GM fluid alternatives

I already had the Dealer change the transmission fluid which eliminated the shudder. The only difference I can see between Valvoline and SuperTech is price. I am tending to go with ST full synthetic at this point and hope it is correct. I tried putting in AWD for my CTS on a Napa site and you would think it does not exist. The AWD is not even an option when entering a saved vehicle. If this sounds like a mistake please let me know as the car gets dropped off Friday. Now I know why the mechanic told me to buy my own gear oil.

People have used amsoil severe gear 75w90 with good results adding amsoil limited slip additives….it is synthetic and a little pricy but it is probably good for the life of the vehicle when you change it…original fluid is usually aweful after 30,000 miles in the most used diff which is usually the rear.…personally I have no idea how a drive system fully works in an awd cadillac…but that is the fluid i see people using online anyhow. Some limited slip diffs need a little more additive….but I think its more fords….
cadillacforums.com might give you a more guaranteed trusting response….maybe if you share your specific model details.

I have a 2014 CTS Limited 3.6 AWD. Can I assume it does not need a limited slip additive in rear dif? It also looks like AC-Delco 75-90 10-4016 synthetic is the proper oil. Would appreciate confirmation. [at 80 I don't get too many chances to screw up anymore]
Your cts has a ls axle. Go to dealer and pu a 1oz bottle of friction modifier. To use in that awd axle.

Your cts has a ls axle. Go to dealer and pu a 1oz bottle of friction modifier. To use in that awd axle.
And if you want it to last. I would use gm only fluid in the drive train. Including the transfer case especially. Wife's cts still going strong at 139000 mi.

Back