GM DEFENSE AWARDED A $214.3M CONTRACT TO PRODUCE THE U.S. ARMY’S INFANTRY SQUAD VEHICLE

"GM Defense’s solution to the Army’s next-generation transportation needs is based off the award-winning 2020 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 midsize truck architecture and leverages 90 percent commercial off-the-shelf parts. These parts include the Multimatic dual spool-valve dampers and Chevrolet Performance suspension components. The durability and performance of those components have been proven in the grueling Best in the Desert race series, where Colorado is one of only four vehicles to complete 11 consecutive races (out of a total of 434 competitors)."

Seems like more of a niche vehicle, $214 million isn't actually a lot for a defense contract so I wonder how many vehicles that will work out to. If I was an infantryman I'd think I'd prefer a vehicle that offered even minimal small arms fire protection.

Seems like more of a niche vehicle, $214 million isn't actually a lot for a defense contract so I wonder how many vehicles that will work out to. If I was an infantryman I'd think I'd prefer a vehicle that offered even minimal small arms fire protection.
The original RFQ was for 1000 vehicles, the company I work for is a component supplier.

Just over $100,000 per vehicle. Guess that sounds about right. One of my neighbors had company over and they parked a Colorado in front of my house. Cool looking vehicle. I'd consider buying one if I needed such a vehicle. I see very few of them on the road. Unless I'm missing them, I see more Regal station wagons.

Very nice. The Colorado platform seems like it has lot’s of potential. Very versatile, Swiss Army knife like adaptability. Highway cruiser? Check. City dweller? Check. Tight spot maneuverability? Check. Functional cabin space? Check. Functional bed space? Check. Off road and towing capability? Check.

Rental companies often give the Colorado/Canyon to me as a free upgrade and I don’t mind it one bit. I enjoy driving them.

Im surprised they haven’t built an SUV from this chassis yet. I suppose they don’t want any more body on frame SUVs. It would have been the PERFECT blazer replacement.

649 with a goal of 2045 is what it says. I think the $214 million may be for the 649. That would be $330k each if for 649.They have the history and other projects that were and will be used for defense on the site. Starting with WWI. Glad we have GM.

Just over $100,000 per vehicle. Guess that sounds about right. One of my neighbors had company over and they parked a Colorado in front of my house. Cool looking vehicle. I'd consider buying one if I needed such a vehicle. I see very few of them on the road. Unless I'm missing them, I see more Regal station wagons.
The Colorado or the Colorado ZR2? The ZR2 is fairly low production and are often purchased as an off road toy and not a daily, so that would make sense. In Texas there are normal Chevy Colorados everywhere.

But yes the Colorado ZR2 is a cool looking truck.

The Colorado or the Colorado ZR2? The ZR2 is fairly low production and are often purchased as an off road toy and not a daily, so that would make sense. In Texas there are normal Chevy Colorados everywhere.

But yes the Colorado ZR2 is a cool looking truck.
Excellent. Half of my neighborhood will think they are on GWOT mission in local King Soopers.

Very nice. The Colorado platform seems like it has lot’s of potential. Very versatile, Swiss Army knife like adaptability. Highway cruiser? Check. City dweller? Check. Tight spot maneuverability? Check. Functional cabin space? Check. Functional bed space? Check. Off road and towing capability? Check.

Rental companies often give the Colorado/Canyon to me as a free upgrade and I don’t mind it one bit. I enjoy driving them.

Im surprised they haven’t built an SUV from this chassis yet. I suppose they don’t want any more body on frame SUVs. It would have been the PERFECT blazer replacement.
Been wondering about the off-road capable SUV too … ? Something a bit different from the Rubicon vs Bronco show pending. As for troop carriers … the reactions to IED’s have created very heavy, expensive, and blinded vehicles … almost a small tank minus the firepower … Most military vehicles are meant to compliment each other … Nothing much will go away because of this nimble vehicle …

Back