getting polymer off

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my haste to get some protection on a truck I just got and the weather was really nice last Saturday, I used Meguiars Swirl free and then one coat of the NXT. But, I got waterspots and will have to "get" in there to remove them this spring when things warm up. What all will I have to do to cut through the NXT and the polish coat? Wash truck throughly with a detergent?

I'm thinking that any dishwashing detergent would work. Actually, I would wash it with car wash soap and then use something like the Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner. I'm sure that would take it off with no problems.

Klasse AIO will work.
smile.gif

Id just wash it with car wash soap then polish with a paint cleaner, which will strip anything with protection.

Wash your car with Dawn and put about half a bottle of vinegar in 5 gallons of wash solution. Your waterspots will come right off with the polymer and you can go back to re-applying polymer

Dawn removes oils/waxes (ie NOT polymer protection)
Isoprop Alcohol or PrepSol in a spray bottle will strip it off. That's whats used in the bodyshop before painting.
Although you really don't need to strip off the NXT before polishing anyway as the polish will take it right off.

confused.gif
How did you get the spots cause I just bought the NXT and don't need spots.Their other products work fine but on this great site it got rave reviews.

In my experience, Dawn or any other dish soap will NOT remove polymer sealants like Zaino Z-2. It will remove regular carnauba wax though.

To get polymer off, use claybar.

Any good paint cleaner or polish will take NXT (or any sealant for that matter) off you paint. The Dawn Wash is really only needed if you are using a finicky selant like Zaino. It is relatively harsh on your paint and not a step that should be taken. If you are using Zaino, use it to remove any residual oils or waxes, but otherwise leave it in the kitchen.

Somehow, Dawn has been built up as a miracle wax, sealant and other paint product stripper than makes a surface automatically ready for waxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back