George Russell gets his first win in Formula 1

I had the race recorded and had not watched it yet on Sunday. When I opened up Bitog, I saw the "George Russell wins first race" in the right column. So I figured he won the race. So I'm watching the race and he is not in the lead in the final few laps. Then he crashes and I'm wondering how the hell did he win. Were the winners disqualified or something? Then I opened up the thread.LOL

I think Sainz is an underrated driver, very happy for him,
Ya. I think RB really did him wrong when they had him swap with Max way back during a race. At least with Ferrari it seems that if you're faster than No 1 (LeClerc in this instance) they'll let you stay there.

Some would say the team only exists because of his father.
For sure now, but he did have some really good junior category results. I assume he was always with the best teams then, but I'm not sure how much of an advantage that was with spec cars? He's had a few good F1 races, but none recently...
Even "nice guy" Alonso isn't an easy teammate to have, as only Button and Hamilton have really been competitive with him.

Last edited:
Really makes me want to go buy a set of Pirellis right now. What a joke, this proves they need to allow more testing.

Really makes me want to go buy a set of Pirellis right now. What a joke, this proves they need to allow more testing.
Yes but they need tire company competition and less tire BS

Back