Generators-Seeking hard solid insider info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: andyd
Thank you all for a worthwhile dialog. I have a 5KW Coleman Powermate It is a Tecumseh HM 100 10 hoss flathead purchased back in '79. The power head looks to be separable from the engine. if I take it apart. Can anybody school me on the Maxa power head?

Generic square plastic end cap? I am one of the few that have never had problems with those gennys. Worst thing that happens is the needle bearing seize up in the end cap and trash the housing. Pull the cap off and lube the needle bearing every 50 or so hours. Parts are pretty generic on those. Brushes run about $5-6 a set, and you usually only need one (one always wears more than the other). Super simple to work on. When Powermate went bankrupt a few years ago there were all sorts of parts being cleared out. I picked up two complete endcaps with brushes and regulators for $8.99 each. Got two of them for about $23 shipped. Cheaper than just the rectifier board. I am kind of paranoid about having spare parts for machinery (The "one is none/two is one approach). have two extra sets of brushes, and another rectifier board to. Converted it to natural gas so I am set for hurricane season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back