G12+ in the US & questions

Hey Bitog team!

So I have a car problem of having too many different cars, I am looking to homogenize the coolant and use the same in all, G12+.
No copper in any of them, so would you see a problem using G12+ for these cars:

1983 Porsche 944
2001 Porsche 996 Turbo
2001 W208 CLK Mercedes
2003 W211 E-Class Mercedes
2006 Mustang GT (have been using G12+ for over 10yrs already in it)

Also have noticed the Heppu does have the the physical feel of an extremely thin oil to it compared to the Liqui moly (have used both brands), does that have any benefit to better corrosion protection or thermal transference efficacy?

Ignoring environmental/cost concerns, to my understanding G12+ is superior compared to G12 & G13 as far as corrosion protection?

When wanting to find true G12+ in the US is there any quality offering from US brands?

Thanks!

Technically, and speaking on data provided by the coolant supplier, here is a listing of approved products. The list requires the use of two different products if you wish to maintain product approval:

1983 Porsche 944 and both of the Mercedes-Benz vehicles specify Glysantin G-48 (Zerex G-48 in North America). Color is blue-green.
2001 Porsche 996 and 2006 Ford specify Glysantin G-30 (Zerex G-30 in North America). Color is pink.

I personally see no reason not to use the Glysantin G-30 in all vehicles. The G-30 is specifically G12+/VW TL-774D/F approved and is a great product.

Another fabulous suggestion would be to consider using the Zerex Asian product in either blue or pink. The products are equivalent but are colored to match the specifics requested by the OEM manufacturer. The application of these products is also Zerex G-30.

Technically, and speaking on data provided by the coolant supplier, here is a listing of approved products. The list requires the use of two different products if you wish to maintain product approval:

1983 Porsche 944 and both of the Mercedes-Benz vehicles specify Glysantin G-48 (Zerex G-48 in North America). Color is blue-green.
2001 Porsche 996 and 2006 Ford specify Glysantin G-30 (Zerex G-30 in North America). Color is pink.

I personally see no reason not to use the Glysantin G-30 in all vehicles. The G-30 is specifically G12+/VW TL-774D/F approved and is a great product.

Another fabulous suggestion would be to consider using the Zerex Asian product in either blue or pink. The products are equivalent but are colored to match the specifics requested by the OEM manufacturer. The application of these products is also Zerex G-30.
Thank you for your detailed response, you gave me some homework to do on coolants, appreciate it 😁
I ask you since you are more versed in this subject from a technical/chemical subject where does the Asian Zerex surpass the G12+?
Also compared to Europe where coolants go by spec, instead of color, why is color a main driving factor here in the US?

zerex (basf) g30 is the real g12+. vw, ford, gm, fiat psa went all in on oat coolants in the late 90s. because of vw’s market dominance a lot of aftermarket manufacturers used their designations and adopted the distinctive pink hue.

for a long time the aftermarket only really needed to offer 2 products. g11 for blue borated hoat coolants for older vehicles and holdouts (bmw benz volvo) and g12 for a pink oat that served basically all late models.

g30 is basically the universal coolant for the rest of the planet, much like dexclones were in the US

Last edited:
That does save me from finding obscure brands in the US.
Why do they advertise G40 as G12+ as well?
IMG_6508.jpg

Back