G.Skill RMA

Hi,

I recently built my wife a computer. One of the RAM modules went bad. G.Skill has approved the RMA. G.Skill did not specify if I only have to send in the bad module or if they want both. Does anyway have experience with this? I don't want to send just the bad one and then get denied.

Here's a list of her parts just because

AMD R5 5600X
MSI GTX 1650 Ventus 2X
MSI B550 Gaming Plus Max
G.Skill Ripjaw 2x16 3600 CL16
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
Phanteks P300A
Phanteks AMP 650W 80+ Gold

skill.jpg

I've done GSkill RMA once, they want you to send in both and get a replacement for both as a matching set. The problem is they don't pay for your shipping to them so sometimes it is cheaper to buy from Amazon and then return your bad ones.......

I've done GSkill RMA once, they want you to send in both and get a replacement for both as a matching set. The problem is they don't pay for your shipping to them so sometimes it is cheaper to buy from Amazon and then return your bad ones.......
This.......

Went through this for a friends computer I built. Easier to buy/return with Amazon than deal with manufacturers RMA (at least for DOA items.)

It wasn't DOA unfortunately. I bought from Newegg and outside the return window. 😂 FML
Understand. Happened to me also. In fairness, GSkill did do the swap pretty quickly. But my friend would have been out of a computer while waiting. I had a spare 8GB RAM stick (not dual, so single channel.) It got him by until the new sticks arrived. It was just office work anyway, so not much of a big deal to him.

Understand. Happened to me also. In fairness, GSkill did do the swap pretty quickly. But my friend would have been out of a computer while waiting. I had a spare 8GB RAM stick (not dual, so single channel.) It got him by until the new sticks arrived. It was just office work anyway, so not much of a big deal to him.
Sent it off yesterday. $10. I did the same thing, put one of my modules in her computer. Hopefully they will be quick again.

Back