G-05 and Peak Global Lifetime?

I have a 2012 Grand Caravan, and I replaced the thermostat. I need a couple gallons of coolant now. I have some PGL 50/50, and G-05 concentrate. Can I mix the two, or do I just need to buy another gallon of one? Thanks.

I didn’t lose all of the coolant. There’s still air trapped in the system, though. I put PGL 50/50 in it the other day, because I was out of town, and that’s what I could find. I have a gallon of G-05 concentrate at home.

I didn’t lose all of the coolant. There’s still air trapped in the system, though. I put PGL 50/50 in it the other day, because I was out of town, and that’s what I could find. I have a gallon of G-05 concentrate at home.

If you don't already have one, get a Lisle coolant funnel. It makes the bleeding so easy :)

It sounds like all the coolant in the car now is PGL. Is that correct?

The two are compatible and won't cause any problems when mixed, so nothing wrong with using one to top off the other, but if you're doing a complete drain and fill, you might as well use only one type of coolant.

This van takes 3.3 gallons, so it would save me $40 or more to use what I have.
I realize you decided, good call to use it imo. Personally in a 12 Caravan I'd have no problem mixing G-05 with PGL.

G-05 is a low silicate OAT AF, no 2eha. PGL a full OAT AF, also no 2eha. Given that, I'd agree w/slacktide, no problem with compatibility.

As for air in system, only seen it once in older GM 3.4L Equinox (family member vehicle) with a China made engine, a pita to bleed. I never purchased the Lisle funnel, it 'might' help though. Squeezing hoses also a good practice. Apparently this is a common issue. If you haven't read link, might find it helpful. Seems patience is required too.

Cooling system bleeding forever | The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums

As an aside, never had an air in cooling system problem with Honda, Nissan, Toyota Tacoma and I've done full system distilled water flushes (d&fs) many times.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
I mixed distilled water and G-05, put it in, squeezed the hoses, and waited until the bubbles went away. I drove around for 20 minutes, and it never went over 195F.

Back