FW1 cleaning wax saved my wheels and wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister came home with two cans of "FW1 cleaning wax" that she bought from some stand at a gas station, I quickly put them away because I don't want it to come close to my paint job.

However, the paint on my wheels was ruined after years of scrubbing them clean. I've used these wheels on mud, dirt, and racetrack... all with high-performance brake pads which would dust a lot and end up baking the dust onto the wheels. I tried polishing the wheels but it just made it worse, some of the polish stuck to the paint, it was dull, stained from the years of dust and hot track days... I was ready to sand them down and have them powdercoated.

I remembered I had that FW1 cleaning wax and thought "what the heck, how much worse can it get", sprayed it, wiped it clean with paper towels.. LIKE NEW!! It got rid of any stains on them, gave them shine, and even left a protective layer on them!

I still won't ever use this stuff on my car paint, but I guess this stuff works great on restoring and protecting wheels!

the FW1:
fw1.jpg

The wheels I'm talking about, custom set of work emotions:
photo14.jpg

Had a can of this from my cousin, he swore by it. I tried it on a small spot on my trunk and didn't really like the results, it smeared all over the place. Did great on wheels though.

Originally Posted By: cadfaeltex
Never heard of it. A lot of good, safe wheel cleaners out there. Clay on most wheels works wonders with brake dust and then a good sealant.

None of that worked with removing the white polish paste that had gotten stuck
on to the wheels

Originally Posted By: cadfaeltex
Never heard of it.

Some gas stations around here set up a table and the guys come up to you and want to demonstrate this stuff buy spraying it on your paint and want to rub it in with some real dirty towels. I always have to tell them to get lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back