Funny moment I had today

So I'm currently halfway through replacing the faulty ignition switch in my mom's Honda Element, she ended up buying a new switch that came with the whole tumbler/cylinder assembly and a set of keys, and I was having trouble with two of the bolts that hold it in so I took a break from that and started putting new brakes on my Pathfinder because I've put that off for a month now.

When I went to take the wheel off my Pathfinder, I noticed one of the lug nuts was missing, and then when I got the wheel off, I realized the whole stud somehow was sheared off!

So I had to take the original ignition that I did not yet have fully removed from my mom's Element and get it wired back up so I could at least start the car, and I drove her car with the steering column all torn apart as a parts runner for my own car.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1653796037103.jpg
    FB_IMG_1653796037103.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20220528_144430717.jpg
    IMG_20220528_144430717.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 45
You could have driven that vehicle with 4 studs and lug nuts, not forever but down to the parts store and back for sure. You probably had been driving it that way for some time.
I ordinarily would have, but my dad's truck, which I also happened to be doing an oil change on at the time, was on the driveway in front of my car which was in the garage.

Been a busy day for me in the garage. As you see I also have a bad habit of starting too many projects at the same time.

I started a circus like you, three vehicles also. I had parts for each job, including some extras that I could find digging into each job. Trans filter was wrong, on the other vehicles I found worn joints that were easy to replace while in there, and I refused to put things back together without replacing them. Lazy, stubborn, stupid..
Each local parts store had them all in stock at, order total was about $500, no one would deliver that day. They were too busy to do private delivers bc shops came first..

Used uber for the first time.. 4 miles to the store, 4 miles home. $62 total. my butt hurt

Back