Fully Formulated Coolant and old radiator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is a 'fully formulated coolant' like Fleet Charge or Zerex Heavy Duty Green safe to use with an old copper/solder radiator ?
The application is my older (1989) Bolens/Iseki diesel tractor.

That's what I've read. I was hoping to get the ASTM D1384 and D2570 results, but Old World Industries won't share them, they just state it will fit my application. I bet they won't come replace a hard to find radiator should it prove otherwise.

Well, IDK if this any consolation but, I am using Fleet Charge in the cooling system of the Firebird FORMULA V8 w/brass radiator for > 2 decades now with proper flush & change intervals. I just had the 39 yr old OE radiator recorded at my fav shop as it had sprung a small leak. It was about time, I mean, it is 39 yrs old. Still have the OE heater core and it's never been touched.

I've been doing some research on my own, regarding the issues with OAT coolants and Solder, and it seems that 2-Eha is the culprit.

Dexcool, and Dexclones do have it, and it seems that nowadays they are the only OAT coolants that have it.

I am using VW Si-OAT in both my Fords and have no problems to report.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
Well, IDK if this any consolation but, I am using Fleet Charge in the cooling system of the Firebird FORMULA V8 w/brass radiator for > 2 decades now with proper flush & change intervals. I just had the 39 yr old OE radiator recorded at my fav shop as it had sprung a small leak. It was about time, I mean, it is 39 yrs old. Still have the OE heater core and it's never been touched.

In addition to this^^^ above, I'd like to mention that my small leak was not in the soldiers or welds of the RAD, it was in an area that had acquired some rust/corrosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back